Subs - Boxed, Ported or Inverted???

Unregistered guest
Im looking for serious advice. Im trying to install some kind of sub system to a BMW e36 (sealed boot) and need guidance on which type of bass system would give the best results. 2 x 12"? 1 x 15"? Sealed, ported or inverted?? I listen to mainly bass heavy dance music and R&B. Please help!

Julz-in-Scotland
Unregistered guest
ignore me = will enter Q to CAR audio - DOH!

Username: Fataskins

Somewhere, Arkansas U.s.a.

Post Number: 2
If i was u i would go with two 12''s maybee even three in a sealed box. I think if u put a 15" in there it will rattle your trunk way to much and way more than the 12''s. I had three kicker comp vr 12"s in a sealed box and they were nice and had no distortion.

sHeP
Unregistered guest
The 2 or 3 kicker comp vr 12s is the way to go lots of power with real deep bass at 2 or 4 ohms. the 15 is too much for that little car. i personally prefer the sealed box.

Username: Beltwang

Post Number: 3
Ye i agree 2 or 3 kickers would be give superbe insane bass.But remember having 3 sub`s is gunna run down your car battery,make sure you got a very good 4/6 channel amp with lots of power output.

Unregistered guest
i have a 15" RF sub (old series not new ones!)hooked it up to a 500watt Rally amp. i byuilt a nice sized box to fit the sub with a bit of room and it sounds GREAT. ALl sealed with silicone and dynamatted inside. Problem is, with the trunk of my car closed the sub sounds AWESOME, but with the boot open it sounds rubbish! i dont know wether it needs porting, or what i can do! any idea of how bigga port i sould put in it if i need to? please help guys. cheers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us