Speaker T-Shirt/Personal Soundtrack

Silver Member
Username: Nmytree

Post Number: 166
Have you guys/gals seen this?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/pe...k.html?cpg=70H

I gotta' tell you, though. My best friend and I got one (each) of these shirts and wore them to our last listening party with a bunch of other audio geeks (like us).

It really kind of sucked.

We (my friend and I ) thought it would be cool for both of us to wear the shirts and go in stereo, as opposed to mono. But it turned out to be a real pain in the rear end.

We spent most of the time standing and being moved all over the front wall, as they obsessively tried to find the best room placement for us.

This is how we spent the eveining ........ "move away from the corners, move away from the sidewall, move closer to the backwall, move away from the backwall, lift your toes and lean back on your heels, open your mouths for smoother highs, try putting a sock in your arm pits to dampen the midrange frequencies, try putting some chips in your mouth, hold your hands up the sides of your mouth for better dispersion".

All night long this went on.

One guy wanted to fill our sneakers up with sand, while yet another wanted us to put cat litter in our pants pockets.

As if that wasn't bad enough, one guy wanted us to wear golf shoes, because he felt the spikes would open up the bass

Then came the stands.

We tried desperately to keep our balance on those speakers stands. I for one used to surf in my teens and early twenties, so it really wasn't that big of deal for me. But my buddy had never surfed or even riden a skateboard, so he kept teetering over and ruining the imaging.

We tried to be as accomadating as possible, but when two more guys showed up with these shirts and they wanted to "bridge" us; we put our feet down on that one. No way your going to bridge us.

And if you guys/gals knew how they wanted to bridge us, you'd refuse, too!!!!

Seemed like a cool idea, but believe me, these shirts are more trouble than they're worth!!!

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9979
Ecellent, NMT!
Fortunately I saw the article before it went 404.

Very funny!

Silver Member
Username: Nmytree

Post Number: 168
Thanks Nuck

Glad you got a chuckle out of it Afterall, that was the intention.

Just being silly.

Platinum Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9998
And successfully.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us