MonitorAudio VS B&W 703

Username: Gmach1

Calgary, AB Canada

Post Number: 4
I am in the process of redoing my HT. So far I have short listed the MonitorAudio GS60 and B&W 703. The question I have for the members here, is there any one using any one of these as their home theatre speakers. If so how do they like them?
Second question is if any one out there using this as their HT speakers what receiver they are using to power these?

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9632
G, I wouldnt run the B&W's with a receiver. Those are hogs for power.
The MA's are much easier for a receiver.

Calgary, AB Canada

Post Number: 5
Thanks Nuck.
Have you listen to a 703 with a Receiver (This is only for HT. When it is music time I will power the speakers through a Bryston)? Or Are you going by the Specifications and making this decession?
Thx

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9637
I am going by listening to a lot of B&W's with all sorts of power, G.
The B&W are a very difficult and demanding load.
They call for a very robust amp to get through the phase shifts and impedence swings that they present. In tose terms, since Bowers bought Rotel a ways back, then bought Classe, their main idea is that the 7 and up series use Classe power, lower is kind of the domain of Rotel, if you like.
As for specs for amps and B&W, I suggest Classe again, because that is what i know best, and is a 'standard' setup in shops.

Calgary, AB Canada

Post Number: 6
Thanks Nuck.
Which ever the speaker i decide for the Music it will be powered by Bryston. As for the HT I am leaning a little towards the NAD Power amp and Pre processor.

Bronze Member
Username: Patrickbateman

MA

Post Number: 84
IMHO I think the MA Gold series are wonderful speakers and would be my easy choice over the B&W's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us