Im shopping for speakers and could use some advice.

Username: Ajstone88

Post Number: 1
im going to provide links for the 4 choices i have. my main dilema is i dont know the difference between the woofer and horn set up vs a woofer with 2 tweeters on which would be a better sound.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Professional-Audio-15-3-Way-DJ-PA-Speakers-New-1500C3_W0QQit emZ230207721732QQihZ013QQcategoryZ32861QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
these are the 15"s

http://cgi.ebay.com/Karaoke-Band-DJ-15-2-Way-Pro-Speaker-Pair-New-Trap153_W0QQit emZ230207261178QQihZ013QQcategoryZ14993QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
these are the 15's without a tweeter

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26%26item%3D110209291608&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001
this was my first choice based on the large magnet and highest wattage but idk if that will actually affect the quality.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-300-Watt-MTX-Thunder-PRO-Studio-Monitor-Speaker-NR_W0QQi temZ110208311729QQihZ001QQcategoryZ47093QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
this one i will be gettin from abc warehouse if you decide it would be the best quaility sound.

any help anyone could give me would be appreciated i need to get these home before the 3rd for my gf's bday party!

Post Number: 2
oh i forgot my reciever is a sherwood rx 4105 200w dont know if that is important to know or not.

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2754
It looks to me like your gf's birthday is the same as my dad's, but that's for another day and stoned rice (ignore that).

Um, I can't really help as I don't know much about the speakers, but I wonder why pro audio speakers?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11910

None of your reasons for choosing these particular speakers has any specific relevance to sound quality.

Silver Member
Username: Rysa3

Houston, Texas

Post Number: 306
Horrible.

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 916
Andrew- do u plan on doing some DJ jobs? These speakers will all go loud, and fill a large area with noise, but thats about it. Do u want something for your home?

Post Number: 3
eh they just seemed cheap and good i really dont kno anything about home audio as this is my first system being put together. which is why im lookin for advice :-) i would get a home theater but i really dont watch many movies and didnt know how well the set up would work for my type of music. i was thinkin about getting the mtx 12's tho i listened to them at abc warehouse and they sounded pretty decent do you guys figure those would be the best for under 300?}

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11915

Sounds like you want the MTX 12's. So why do you need our permission? It's your cash. If we tell you not to, will you anyway?

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11916

Look at all those tweeters on the Gem Stone TR 150's. They must sound good. And they're cheap.

http://www.eliminatorlightingdirect.com/Speakers_s/45.htm?gclid=CNC9lYvd0ZACFQ2a OAodVgSkXQ

Silver Member
Username: Wattsssup

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 168
Andrew,

It's best you check out a few stores and listen to a few speakers yourself. Only you know what you would like when you hear it. You'll find a few choices under $300. They will sound different, bring your music.

Silver Member
Username: Ccdoggy

Post Number: 170
Pro audio is not the way to go for a theater/music. It may seem like that but they are crap.

Post Number: 4
i ended up gettin the 12's acoustic audio's and a davinci 1200watt reciever for under 300 so we will see how it all sounds when it gets here

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Post Number: 1655
The very first speakers I ever bought for myself back in the early 80's were a pair of giant Gemini three-ways; they were BIG, played loud, sounded like crap.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2369
Hopefully you paid the guy in the white van or the new version of them on eBay less than $50.

They're one of the White Van Speaker companies. Do a google search of "The White Van Speaker Scam" if you haven't heard of it. They're not just hitting the road in vans anymore.

Next time you buy something, do a little research first. There is a legit DaVinci company, but they only make turntables and needles.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2370
The "Podium" and "Acoustic" speakers are a scam too. Same garbage. If you haven't gotten them yet, and/or can return them, send them back. Speaking from personal experience, they're awful.

Post Number: 5
i didnt get the reciver yet so good looking on that. i was going to wait and see how the speakers sound on my current reciever before spending anymore money. and the speakers were 170 and i can return them but it would cost me probally 60 to do so i bought them based on thier reviews from other buyers who got the speakers but thats not saying a whole lot. anyways i will have them in a week and im buyin the mtx 12s also goin to play them next to eachother and see which one i like lol

Silver Member
Username: Wattsssup

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 175
wouldn't it be cheaper to demo speakers in a store?

Platinum Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11945

Look at all those tweeters on the Gem Stone TR 150's.

Wowsers!!!

Post Number: 6
if i had any store in my area besides abc warehouse that sold the type of speaker i was lookin for yeah but my towns crap lol and they had a very limited selection of maybe 4 different ones that were close to the same type.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us