Does Music Come Out of All Speakers?

Username: Billru44

Post Number: 9
Hey,

Not sure if this is the right thread, but, here it goes anyway. Until now, i've only had 2 front speakers on my receiver. I'm going to get a center and surround speakers eventually. My question is: when i play CD's and MP3's, will the music come out of ALL speakers or just the front 2? (I know that most music is stereo), but, i was just wondering.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11911

How are you going to hook up all these speakers? How you hook them up and what sort of "amplifier" you use will determine the answer to your question.

Username: Billru44

Post Number: 10
I have a JVC 8040B receiver and was going to hook up 2 front speakers, 2 rear, and a center.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11912

I have no idea what a JVC 8040B is. Is this a surround system receiver? Does it have provisions for connecting all these speakers as you describe?

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 486
It looks like your JVC is a surround receiver. Most surround receivers have some sort of processing that will allow you to listen to stereo sources using all 5 speakers. It varies from manufacturer to manufacturer as to what it's called, but it's usually along the lines of "5 channel stereo" or something to this effect. Not sure if your receiver has this. It rarely sounds as good as 2 channel stereo, in my opinion.

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 915
Dave hit that dead on.

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Post Number: 1649
I agree that 2-Channel is usually (and by usually, I mean almost always) your best choice for listening to music, but if your CD or DVD player is capable of playing SACD or DVD-A discs (It will usually state it somewhere on the faceplate of the player), then those formats are capable of playing "surround" music through all 5-channels.

Gold Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Post Number: 1650
...did that come out right?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us