Recommendation for Center Speaker

Username: Billru44

Post Number: 4
Hi,

I am currently looking for a center channel speaker for my audio system. I currently have only 2 front bookshelf Bose 201 speakers. But, every review of the Bose Center VCS speaker I am reading is a bad review. I have read good things about a Polk CS1. My main question is, how important is matching the center speaker to the fronts? I am happy with the Bose front speakers, but, should i try to sell them because i may be stuck with getting a Bose center?

Any opinions?

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 910
Timbre matching is important with your fronts and center. Anyone that tells u different is dead wrong. Sell the bose, buy three speakers. Bose speakers in any aspect, are garbage. IMO

Username: Billru44

Post Number: 5
What about if i buy new front / center speakers and use the Bose as rear speakers? Would that be OK? I could sell them on Ebay, but, from what i've seen, other Bose 201's are selling for like $50. That's why i ask if it would be OK to use them as rears

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 5823
Yep, that would be fine, especially for movies.

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 912
Yeah, thats fine. What u use for rears does not matter nearly as much as having a proper timbre match up front. If an airplane is flying in a movie you are watching, you want it to sound the same from right speaker,through the center and over to the left.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us