Dali Helicons 400's-What Components to Pair With???

Silver Member
Username: Uback007

Columbus , Ohio USA

Post Number: 295
2007 has been an expecially good yr for me and I have decided to reward myself with some new Helicon 400's and was wondering what components best match these wonderful speakers. Currently, I have a Jolida 1501RC hybrid integrated amp along with a Rega Apollo cdp. Interconnects are Kimber Silver Streaks, Spkr wire is Kimber 4TC in a bi-wired configuration. Any insight or help would be much appreciated.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11905

What's wrong with what you got?

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 914
Uback007. Jan's right, what is wrong with what u have now? U should update your ecoustics info though.

Silver Member

Columbus , Ohio USA

Post Number: 296
updated. I like what I have now. The only thing would be to upgrade the Jolida and the 4TC wire. I like the sound of the Jolida- but with a much more revealing spkr on its way, I have to wonder if it's going to be up to muster. It's currently running Totem Arros. I like the sound, but it can, at times, sound a little "wooly" Maybe a tube rolling is called for. I don't know. I suffer from upgrade-itis..that's for sure. I will put it all together and see how it sounds before completely replacing the unit, most likely keeping the unit as a backup or second system component.

Silver Member

Columbus , Ohio USA

Post Number: 298
ok, the Helicon's arrived- As I was warned, these speakers will quickly reveal the weakest link in your system, which is the Jolida, no doubt. I really want to maximize the sound of there beautiful speakers and would love some suggestion to what plays well with 'em. Thanks!

Silver Member

Columbus , Ohio USA

Post Number: 300
c'mon guys! Anyone?

Silver Member

Columbus , Ohio USA

Post Number: 301
Anyone?????
What about swapping the biwired 4tc's for something else. Suggestions, Feedback???
Beuler!?!

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 12319

How about telling us what's wrong with the sound? Saying the speakers reveal the flaws of the amplifier and you want to maximize the sound you have isn't telling us anything useful.

Silver Member
Username: Hawkbilly

Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 156
What makes you think it is the amp that's the limiting factor ? What do you have in it for input tubes now, and how long have they been in there ? "Wooly" sometimes equates to "congested". The Arros I believe are known to function very well at low to moderate SPL's, and not so much at higher volumes. I doubt the Jolida is running out of juice. More likely the Arros were pushed out of their comfort zone.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us