NAD HTR 2 remote

Bronze Member
Username: Bien

Post Number: 16
Hey,
Has anyone here noticed any problems with their NAD remotes.
I have used the remote about a month with the backlighting off to save the batteries, but I recently notice that when I try to use the remote, the device light which lights up when using a function doesn't light up fully and the remote doesn't send a command until the device button is pressed again and the device light comes on fully.

Anyone else have this problem? Is the battery dying already although the backlighting function has been turned off?
If the buttons were pressed for a long time by accident, I could understand why the battery is dying but that is not the case.

Bien

Bronze Member
Username: Docdat

CopenhagenDenmark

Post Number: 83
Maybe the batteries weren't in perfect order from the start? It does sound like the behavior I've seen with my HTR 2, when the batteries are drained.

MarcUR
Unregistered guest
sounds like the batteries are dying, the ones they gave you don't last long. Try a new set and see if the problem persists.

Bronze Member
Username: Newfie

Post Number: 29
My dealer told me that 99% of the time the fix that the engineers suggest @ NAD is to change the batteries. He had some pretty odd stories about the behavior of the HTR2. Apparently the battery change is usually a good fix.

Bronze Member
Username: Bien

Post Number: 17
Yeah, I threw in some new batteries and it solved the problem right away.

I was just suprised that the batteries died so fast.
I've used some cheap manufacturer supplied batteries in the past, and they lasted quite a while. As a matter of fact, I still have remotes for several components with the orginal batteries.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us