Bi-amp my speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Lamcam

Stanton, Ca Usa

Post Number: 19
I am planning to add another amp to my NAD amp and preamp system for music listening. one amp for the mid and high and one amp for the low of my speakers. I've read that bi-amp my speakers will give great result. I just wonder how do I connect the additional amp to my pre-amp? I am trying to set up a music listening area in my bedroom. Thanks for your help.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11896

If the pre amp only has one set of outputs, you'll need a splitter. Depending on the speakers you might also require an active crossover. Certainly performing the filter action in front of the amplifiers is beneficial.

Silver Member
Username: Mike3

Wylie, Tx USA

Post Number: 970
Loc,

What speakers are you connecting to? Do they have double binding posts?

The splitter I use fits into the RCA in of my main amp. The pre-amp RCAs into it, then a second set of RCAs feeds off of that connector to my second amp.

There is also vertical bi-amping which you may want to try. That requires two of the same amps however. If the amps are different you should only do it the way you originally intended.

Bronze Member

Stanton, Ca Usa

Post Number: 20
I have the NAD 2400 amp, NAD 1600 pre, and B&W CDM-1SE speakers with double binding posts. Do I need an active crossover for these speakers? How do I vertical bi-amping? Thanks.

Bronze Member

Stanton, Ca Usa

Post Number: 21
Please notice I just changed my screen name!

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11901

I'll be rude for a monent and say; how do you intend to do this if you haven't a clue how it works and goes together? It's up to you to find out whether you will require an active crossover to bi-amp your speakers. You've read that bi-amping your speakers gives good results, that would be a good place to begin investigating how it can be done. The manufacturer also indicates which speakers can be passively bi-amped and which cannot. The correct connections for vertical and horizontal bi-amping are only a search engine away. Search. Learn. Understand. Don't expect all this to be handed to you when you can get the information by doing some work on your own.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us