HK AVR 146

Silver Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 464
My old receiver on my secondary HT system just crapped out. I want to get a cheap receiver for this system (mostly for watching kids movies and playing xbox - so I don't need or want anything too expensive). I was thinking of maybe a HK AVR 146. What do you guys think? I've never owned HK, but I know a lot of people on the forum like them.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 467
No takers on this one?

C'mon guys, I know there's a couple of HK fans out there...

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 880
David, great receiver for the price. Are u paying retail for it? Which I believe is roughly 449.99 CDN. Then I would consider this instead. IMO This will knock the snot out of the 146 and for only 100 dollars more roughly? Give or take. You might be able to find it even cheaper. My dealer was clearing T743's out just last weekend for 500 bucks taxes in. Making way for the new stuff.

http://www.spearitsound.com/nad/T744.asp

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 468
Thanks Nick. I was actually just on the NAD website before reading this post. Might be the way to go.

Silver Member

Post Number: 881
David, I see some of the entry level Cambridge Audio A/V receivers are going for a good price now as well. I have never heard a Cambridge A/V receiver before though.

Silver Member

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 469
I imagine they sound pretty good. I've listened to the Cambridge integrated before and was quite impressed.

Not really sure I want to go with anything *quite* so nice down in the kid's rec-room, though. Know what I mean?

Silver Member

Post Number: 884
lol I hear ya.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us