NAD C542 Issue

Bronze Member
Username: Dbnh77

NH USA

Post Number: 20
I am having a problem with my NAD C542 which I have had for just about a year now. Whenever I put a disc in it says no disc and you can hear the laser making a ticking sound trying to read it. HAs anyone else owned this model and had this problem?

I will be calling NAD on Monday morning.

ALso I hear people rave about Rega CD players all the time. Does anyone have experience with them and if so are they worth the $

Silver Member
Username: Nickelbut10

Post Number: 823
Dana, I had the NAD, now I have the Rega Apollo. And yes, I will rave about it as well. Fantastic cd player, Wolfson DAC's, British programming, that is reason enough to buy it. The player just seems to take everything from the cd, separates the instruments and creates a more realistic sound stage.

You NAD's lens is dirty. It probably just needs a cleaning. I just listened to another C542 yesterday as I was visiting my dealer with a friend. Its a great cd player, and un-beatable for the money. The Apollo is not leaps and bounds better than the C542, but its better, and worth the extra money.

Bronze Member
Username: Suspecterrain

Post Number: 14
Yup, it's likely the lens needs cleaning -- same thing used to happen to my C510. ...And as long as you've got the cover off it's a good idea to clean out any accumulated dust/debris.

Silver Member
Username: Wattsssup

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 152
suspect....you been around since '04 and only posted 14 times?

Don't be so quiet man...

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 9440
MOFW

Silver Member

Post Number: 874
MOFW? Whats that mean?

Bronze Member
Username: Dbnh77

NH USA

Post Number: 21
After a month I got the unit back today and there is no friggin sound.

I'm pissed and tomorrow morning NAD is going to know just how pissed.

Silver Member
Username: Wattsssup

Barrie, ON Canada

Post Number: 178
Okay...but do you know what MOFW means?

Silver Member

Post Number: 982
Sorry to hear Dana, I would lose it on them. They will take care of you. Keep us posted.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us