Technics 1210 problem

Username: Mkamel

Post Number: 1
hi, i'm hoping someone can help me out with this issue. i recently purchased some dj equipment that consists of: 2 technics 1210 mk2, vestax pmc -06 pro, and shure sc35s carts. i set everything up and found two problems. the first is that when playing a record, the sound coming out of the speakers is very warbly. i tried adjusting the tracking force figuring i had it wrong, but it was still sounded the same. tried more records and still the same thing. this is happening on BOTH turntables. the second issue has to do with my mixer. when using my brand new headphones plugged into the mixer, there is an audible hum, even when a record is not playing.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11534

I don't understand "warbly". Is the headphone output a stereo jack?

Username: Mkamel

Post Number: 2
sorry i wasn't a little more descriptive. by "warbly," i mean it sounds like someone was holding their finger on the platter very lightly. it's not that it sounds noticeably slowed down, but the records sound sort of out of tune.

the headphone output is a 1/4" output jack.

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 11535

There are questions about the Technics tables scattered throughout this section of the forum. Read through the archives for a possible answer to your problem.

I really don't know the 1210. Is it a belt or direct drive table? How old are the tables?

A 1/4" jack can be either mono or stereo. Have you tried the headphones on any other equipment?

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us