MoFi Speakers

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1991
Curiousity question -

Has anyone heard Mobile Fidelity speakers? Comments on their sound characteristics/quality? Not that I'm looking to buy them, but everything else they make is quality stuff. Not that mastering CDs will make a good speaker designer, but you never know.

Music Direct has them for half off if anyone's interested.

http://www.musicdirect.com/stores/mobile_fidelity_audio_products.asp?manid=&filt er=360&sort=&order=

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10916

The MF speakers got good reviews a few years back but the price always seemed rather outrageous even for high end audio gear. If I remember correctly, they were generally warm with solid bass and decent extension for whatever size enclosure you were considering. The high end was "beguiling" and the mids were slighty laid back but detailed. Geee, just like a couple of dozen other speakers. To my knowledge they never entered a recommended product category. Again, if I remember, they were not a particularly easy speaker to drive.

I could be wrong on all of this. The reviews kinda suggested they weren't that memorable.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1995
"Geee, just like a couple of dozen other speakers."

Funny, I was thinking the same thing when I came across that line.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 8072
But a couple of dozen other speakers that might be pretty good, depending on what one is looking for, and what funding is available.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us