Mac MA-6100

Username: 2string

Post Number: 1
Will the ma-6100 run OK on 4ohm speakers?

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10513

Depends on the four Ohm speaker. Simple nominal impedance specs are insufficient to determine the difficulty a speaker will present to an amplifier. You need to know the lowest and highest impedance point and the difficulty the crossover presents in terms of phase angle. The 6100 is a high powered but not extremey high current amplifier. It will be happy with most reasonably well designed speakers.

Username: 2string

Post Number: 2
Well the speakers i'm talking about are Sonus Faber Cremona Auditors.They are well made but I don't have a clue on the impedance point and crossover

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10519

Nor do I. If it were me, and I had any doubts, I would find information on the impedance and phase angle before I made a large investment in something that doesn't pair well with the amplifier I own. That's what the internet does best, give you obscure information.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 1894
I haven't heard the 6100, but in general, Sonus Faber pairs up very well with Mac. I've never heard a bad Sonus Faber/Mac combo. Both are very consistant in their sonic signature.

But as Jan is alluding to, I have no idea how that exact combo will pair up specs-wise.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us