HK Zone 2 IR Extender

Bronze Member
Username: Markstanco

Texas

Post Number: 27
I am looking in to adding an extender to my HK AVR7300 for Zone II operation on my patio.

Are there options available other than the HE1000-A? I would certainly like to only have a receiver "eye" outside if possible.

Thanks!

Platinum Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 10432

Use someone else's transmitter/receiver for the second zone. What other kind of "options" are you looking for?

Bronze Member
Username: Topher

Post Number: 20
I was using the zone 2 feature of my 325 with a Recoton IR repeater & didn't have too many problems. It seemed to be acceptable to interference, though. I also tried Jensen & they worked, too, but if I plugged it into the ir jack on the rear of the HK, the 325 would cycle through surround modes, I think. The Recoton didn't do this.
I gave up on the zone 2 thing as it was too much trouble & went with my old Sherwood receiver & a modded Xbox upstairs. An IR repeater, not an extender, would have saved a lot of aggravation.
My gear downstairs is on the back wall, so I needed to use an IR repeater. I went with a Xantech kit. You mount the eye were you want it, run cat 5 to your gear, connect it to a connecting block, plug IR transmitters into the block & affix them to your equipment (or plug a mini-plug to mini-plug cable into the IR input on the HK). I'd recommend this method. It's bullet-proof & can control up to 8 pieces of equipment. The IR extender thing can be real frustrating.
Check ebay. Xantech (or Speakercraft, or Niles, or...) can be found pretty cheap, if you have the time to wait.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us