Help connect amp to yamaha rxv1000

Username: Susib27

Post Number: 1
Hi - I'm hoping someone can help me. I hooked up my rxv1000 to yamaha dsp a1000 by using rca from main out to CD on a1000. The dsp is connected to 2 speakers outdoor - when I test the a1000, the speakers sound loud and work fine, but when I play the source from main receiver(rxv1000), the sound is very low. On the zone option on rxv1000, I selected CD, to match the hook up to CD on the a1000. The sound only comes on if I turn on the volume on the main receiver...but the purpose of connecting to the second amp is so I can turn down the main or listen to other source while listening to a different source outdoor...can someone help?? It worked for me last year...but I'm not sure what I did different this year. thanks in advance!

Username: Susib27

Post Number: 2
Just wanted to let viewers know that I found the problem...I needed to connect from "Zone 2 out" to line-in on amp. Then, select the component for source, using the zone 2 component selector on the front panel. It's pretty obvious once I looked at the diagram more...I just assumed it needed to go from main out...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us