Worth upgrading? Yamaha RXV595 vs. cheap JVC 7.1

Username: Dglav

Post Number: 1
PROBLEM:

I am not keen on spending $ on a new reveiver right now, but am considering it since my new media/tv stand won't fit my Yamaha.

So, I'm considering a JVC avr since they are the only low profile units I have found, but I am wondering if a cheapish JVC 7.1 avr will do as good a job on audio?

QUESTION:

**Is it worth changing, just for the size of the unit, or are there other benefits (or reasons not to change)??

SETUP:

My Yamaha is about 5 years old by has served me very well. It's 70x per channel (5), wtih DTS/DD and lots of DSP's.

I have an Oppo 981 upscaling DVD player, a Samsung LN-T4661F TV, Energy 5.1 speaker set, and am getting a Time Warner HD cable box.

I will connect the DVD & cable box video to the TV via HDMI, and audio to the AVR via digital coax or optical. Also an ipod via monster y-cable.

So, worth it? Sure I could get the JVC 702, but not really worth for me to spend since I wont use most features.

THANKS!

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 497
Not worth it

The Jvc's are made as cheap as possible !

Bronze Member
Username: Dmitchell

Ottawa, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 69
Stick with the Yamaha...

Silver Member
Username: Shane24

Post Number: 134
Then its pointless then if u won't use all the features.. stick to the yamaha, jvc's would sound like some mini system u hear at mcdonalds...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us