Troubles with NAD C-542

Username: Pestra01

Post Number: 1
Hello from mexico. I bought this C-542 one year ago in USA. This player had this message after 3 months "NO DISK". At first it was only sometimes but now is always. I have used it just a little bit only with originals cd's. Obviously I don't have any warranty with this cd player because I took it from USA to Mexico. I wonder if someone can recommend to me if it is neccesary to clean the laser or this item has to be changed ?. Someone knows the price of the laser in usa or uk?..This is only to know how much I will have to pay for the repair. I guess there is only one nad service store here in Mexico, so I think the repair will be very expensive. Any tip will be great for me. Thank you everybody.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1354
There was a small problem with 542's up to a certain serial number. Your NAD service store should be able to access the NAD service website to locate the fix memo or get it from NAD.

Providing the problem is the same of course.

Silver Member
Username: Jingka99

KLMalaysia

Post Number: 196
Here is the Technical bulletin...BUT the best still is to bring NAD Authorized Service Center...
application/pdfUpload
C542-H2005-04R.pdf (63.7 k)

Silver Member
Username: Sun_king

Leeds, West Yorkshire UK

Post Number: 367
Heck, everytime I come to this forum there is a thread about dodgy C542 lasers! You US guys must have gotten a real bad batch, I never hear anything about this problem in the UK.

Bronze Member
Username: Malco49

Baltimore, Maryland Usa

Post Number: 80
my cambridge AZUR 640c v2 works just fine and sounds even better

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4787
Cross your fingers and knock on wood Mitchell. Seems like everytime someone says something like that I see their "troubles with my gear" thread shortly thereafter.

Bronze Member
Username: Malco49

Baltimore, Maryland Usa

Post Number: 81
i hear ya art...........
fingers crossed etc.....

was just standing up for cambridge as it seems to get bashed a bit on this forum.
was all meant in good fun.

Silver Member
Username: Jingka99

KLMalaysia

Post Number: 203
But mitch, it does not help in a away for the op, it adds more to his burden....IMHO, you should stand up for cambridge in threads where it is being bashed....no offense meant...

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 4797
Speaking of which, sorry Paulo, I really like Cambridge. Great gear at a great price.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us