Help needed! trying to connect pc 2 stereo system

Username: Donnyj

Shawnee, Pa Usa

Post Number: 1
I know this sounds stupid, but can any one tell me why I am hearing a BUZZING sound when I try and hookup my line out on my pc to my aux in on my streo? I just installed a Sound blaster live card and it works fine when I use the pc speakers

Silver Member
Username: Geekboy

Newport, RI United States

Post Number: 260
Don: could be so many things. I have a hum on my PC speakers. This was after connecting a coax cable from my cable jack to my PC's TV card.

Yup, it's a ground loop. There was nothing I could do... I guess I could get a notch filter or something.

In any event, it could be so many things. Especially cheaper sound cards aren't the cleanest sounding. I hope someone else can help you better than I just did.

Silver Member
Username: Geekboy

Newport, RI United States

Post Number: 261
oops... not "notch filter"... you probably need a ground isolator. Man I'm so tired! :-)

fourby
Unregistered guest
ive have a buzz from my sound card to my stereo
when the vol is up it tends to come from the mouse when it is moved

fourby
Unregistered guest
oh and also check your settings,i also found that in volume control that some of the input options can make the buzz sound ie mic,cd audio,etc i had to turn some off and let the sound of the programs ie cd, etc go through the ide cable this may help but may not

Unregistered guest
I have two soundBlaster Live Platinum 5.1 cards that have given me so many problems with hum when attached to any of my stereos. The solution, I found is to insulate between the card and the case and to make sure that I had an adequate (meaning thick) cord running from a confirmed grounded outlet to my pc power supply. I also found that with SoundBlaster, you have to use a special cable to connect to your stereo. For example. the MosterCable version has seperate channels (each wrapped and insulated serparately with seperate grounds (3 wires per channel) to make the sound come through correctly. Especially the digital over 1/4 Mini Jack to Coax connection (what a conundrum that was gettin Creative to figure that out).

Anyways, I hope that helps and I hope you get it working soon. Best wishes, Jase .... P.S. Have you looked at any of the new USB DAC units out there, they are a great way to avoid case hum from improperly grounded power supplies,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us