Wharfedale E50 Speakers

Username: Albertaguy7

Medicine Hat, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 1
Hi everyone. I'm new to this board so please bear with me. I just bought a pair of used E50's on eBay. When I recieved them, the woffer cones were falling off the baskets. I found out how to glue them back on again and they are now working fine. The problem now is I think the midranges are blown. The woofers are working fine as are the tweeters. Does anyone have a spare set of midranges for these? Also would like to locate some new grilles or new material for them They have holes burned in them. Thanks for your help and I do hope I'm doing this right on here.
I'm driving them with a Sansui G 8000 that I also bought off of eBay.

Dale

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6593
Dale, I hope you bought those as a handyman special.
Wharfedale sells replacement parts at a reasonable price.
Partsexpress.com sell the speaker cloth.

Is there an electronics/nerd type wholesaler there in the Hat?

Post Number: 2
Hey Nuck!!!
Thanks for the info!!!! I may have paid too much for these babies as they were stated as "working". When I emailed the guy with the problems he said they were "working" when he had them. Well, I'm sure they made sound but I was even afraid to hook them up as I may have blown the woofer cones out onto the floor. I used to own a pair of E90's powered by a G 33000 and I'll tell ya they sounded fantastic, no matter how loud I turned them up. And I did turn them up!!! I may have been a bit excited to pick these up. I am a handyman/renovation type guy as that is what I do. I own a small renovation business here in the Hat. As for an electronics handyman...I;m not sure but will check around and see what I can find. Thanks again for the info, I have been pulling what little hair I have out looking for this info!!!

Dale

Post Number: 3
Nuck

Just to fill you in on the responces I have received back. Wharfedale no longer has parts for these midranges. They have refered me on to wembleyspeaker.com to see if they can repair them. I have emailed this company but have not got a reply yet. I'll let you know what I find out when I do hear back from them. Partsexpress doesn't stock or know where to get the cloth for the grilles. Do you know if there are any other speakers that used this cloth? Recently? Wharfedale are the only speakers I have ever seen this cloth on. Mind you, I don't get to see much in this department any more. Thanks again for your help and I will let ya know what I find out.

Dale

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6643
Dale, unless your heart is set on these speaks, you might be further ahead to look for something else.
Maybe some used speakers from a dealer that you can try out first.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us