Nad C352 and Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo 3

Username: Frazzle

Post Number: 1
Guys,

Need some advice. Looking to upgrade my amp and speakers, so this is what I'm thinking.

Nad C352 amp - reviews well and this forum seems to apporve. It looks to be a better bet that the CA Azur 640A v2. Sound ok so far?

So onto speakers - I'm looking for floor standers and the Acoustic Energy Aegis Evo 3 also seem to review well.

I just want to know if you think that they will match ok?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Nout

Post Number: 70
Looks like a very good combination to me.
Some may say NAD paired with AE EVO3 might be a bit too warm and cosy, but I don't think so.

I paired the AE's with a Marantz PM7200 and it sounds really very good, a very solid and rich sound, a tad on the warm side though, which I like.
The NAD will probably drive the AE's with better control, punch and dynamics, the bass especially will be better controlled in comparison with my Marantz, which bass is a little slow and fat.

You certainly have my blessings, I really like the AE's very much and very likely they will partner well with the NAD.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1259
Kris - Sure those Evo 3's will match the NAD for some, but not for others - only your ears can tell you which speakers will suit you. Everyone hears a little differently and has varying musical tastes. Try to audition as many speakers as you can within your budget and let your own ears decide.

Username: Frazzle

Post Number: 2
Thanks guys. I appreciate your comments. Unfortunately I won't be able to test as there is nowhere near me that offers this. So I'm going to wing it - it will certainly be far better that what I've got.

I'm not sure what 'warm' means though so if you could explain that would be great. Does this mean that the sound is not spikey but maybe not detailed enough?

What I'm looking for is as honest a sound as I can get, and from what I understand the NAD amp is a great starting point and the speakers should give me more than enough power.

Cheers

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6334
Kris, speakers do not give you any power.
They respond to input, and also present a load on an amplifier.

You really should look into your speaker interests and find some impedence curves, some phase angle figures as well(if you can). Keep poking around!
This will give you an idea of a good electronic match, or divert problems.
Don't mean Diddley to the sound you might get.

Ya gotta hear it, man.

Bronze Member
Username: Nout

Post Number: 71
Kris,

With "warm" I mean that the low midds aren't entirely neutral, though nothing really serious, not dull or mudded, it just adds a richness and solidity to the sound.
The EVO's are detailed enough...to my ears that is.

An honest sound?
Difficult to say whether the EVO's are honest.
And when will they be?
Partnered with the NAD or Cambridge?

What are you used to listen to?
And what do like and dislike in your current set-up.
Try to find a reference for yourself, this may be live music or just the current set you listen to.

I don't know which amp, spekars or source are neutral, I haven't heard a single cd I own played on the same set the recording was mixed and produced at, so "neutral" is a quality I am not familiar with.
Only when comparising different amps and speakers I can find a hint of it: to me my Marantz for instance and the NAD C352 sounded less neutral than the Rotel RA-02.
But maybe I do tend to qualify something as "neutral" when a digital recording sounds more unpleasant and harder on a specific set-up.
Maybe unjustfully I believe all digital recordings which are reproduced with the upmost accuracy and neutrality will sound crap.
So my description of EVO's sound: "warm" may well be "neutral" to another person, I don't know.

Username: Nandakumarhv

Post Number: 1
hi everyone,This nanda kumar
I have purchased acoustic energy evo 3flooring standing speakers.I would like drive these speakers with creek evo amps. Is is a good match or would anyone suggest me a better amp.

Silver Member
Username: Jingka99

KLMalaysia

Post Number: 186
evo with evo, sounds good to me

kidding aside, I believe you have search a lot already and the NAD seems to come up quite often with good results with the AE Evo 3....I have had a brief chance to hear the Evo3s driven by NAD C320BEE and I can say that it sounds good to me, and i think it will be much better with the C352.... but then again, you have to hear them yourself to qualify it with your own taste and expectation...

I have no experience with the Creek though...

Goodluck on your search!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us