skipping cdp at volume

Bronze Member
Username: Stryvn

Post Number: 40
My player skips with the bass when the volume knob is used the way it's supposed to be used.

Is anybody using the cones? What is the proper solution to this annoying problem? Is it just my cheapo player?

I really gotta get out there and pick up the RCD 1072

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6101
Stryvn, you can isolate the player with a lot of stuff. How are you situating the player now?
I had the Rotel 1072 on a wood shelf and got a lot of noise from it, I went to a heavy glass shelf(with the other stuff) and it smoothed out very well.
I think the player needs a solid base to sit on.
The transport on the Rotel is center-sprung. That is to say that the clamp has a single mount point, as opposed to multple contacts like some others.
I prefer the single, so there is a single point of co-herence to deal with, as opposed to multiples. However, the single point draws only one point of reference, and must depend on a solid base to transmit the signal without jitter.
The pickup is referenced fom a single rotation, from a single input, and timed as such.

Multiple points have a 'built in' reference, but that facilitates a false correction for time, making the signal maleable to the electronics, like an Apollo does.
However, good electronics can do a lot.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us