For testing speakers, what is similar to CA 640A v2?

Bronze Member
Username: Jmsoave

South Lake Tahoe, CA USA

Post Number: 14
Hi all, I am purchasing a Cambridge Audio 640A v2 for various reasons, including sound, price, and aesthetics. Let's take that as a given, and not go into the whole which-amp-is-best discussion for now...

Instead, let's talk about my speaker-testing problem. Namely, there is nowhere that I can find nearby that carries Cambridge Audio, with which I could test different speakers. But I have found plenty of nearby dealers that carry many of the speaker brands I'm interested in, including Monitor Audio, KEF, Definitive, Energy, etc. And they carry many different brands of amps, including NAD, Marantz, Anthem, McIntosh, Denon, etc. So I'm thinking I need to find one of these amps that is more prevalent in my area, that will have a similar sound as the Cambridge, in order to compare speakers.

So, my question: are there some other amps whose sound you could compare with Cambridge Audio?

Cheers,
Joe

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9874

The sound differences between amplifiers will be insignificant compared to the differences you hear from room to room. You are not seeing the trees for the leaves.

Silver Member
Username: Mike3

Wiley, Tx USA

Post Number: 279
Or demo the speakers in your home hooked up to the Cambridge Audio 640A v2.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us