Which to sell

Username: B567932

Post Number: 1
Which speakers are better out of the two? The JBL HLS410 or the JBL Control 1Xtreme? I currently have both of them and I' am trying to decide which one to sell on E-bay. I will need to sell one of them but I don't know which I should sell. I need to save money to get better speakers but in the mean while I need to get the most I can and I sure don't need two pairs of speakers so please tell me which speakers is the best out of the two so I can sell one. Both are in good condition and sound like new.

Here are some specs on the JBL Control 1Xtreme.

CONTROL1XTREME
2-Way, 4-Inch (100mm), Personal-Size Monitor Loudspeaker

Small-footprint, personal-size monitor with rugged, molded enclosure brings the music anywhere it's needed, including the home or office.

Shielded components allow placement next to video monitors.

Optional wall-mount brackets available (WBC1).

MSRP: $199.99PR

SPECIFICATIONS

General
Recommended Power Amplifier Range 10 Watts -- 80 Watts
Impedance 8 Ohms
Sensitivity (2.83V @ 1m) 89dB
Frequency Response 80Hz -- 20kHz
High-Frequency Driver 1/2" Titanium-laminate dome, shielded
Low-Frequency Driver 4", Shielded
Dimensions
(H x W x D) 9" x 6-1/16" x 5-7/16"
(228mm x 155mm 139mm)
Weight 5.2 lb (2.4kg)

Here's some specs on the JBL HLS410.

HLS410

Video Shielding allows speakers to be safely placed near a TV without distorting your television's picture.

MSRP: $229.00PR

SPECIFICATIONS

First Manufactured 1998
Last Manufactured 1999
First MSRP $229.00
General
Sensitivity (2.83V @ 1m) 86
Impedance 8
4"
Midrange Driver N/A
High-Frequency Driver 10mm mounted in Constant Directivity Horn
Recommended Power Amplifier Range 15 - 100 watts
Dimensions (H x W x D) 10 x 5 1/2 x 6 1/8"
Frequency Response (±3dB) 75 - 20kHz

Bronze Member
Username: Shawnharman

Post Number: 63
which speaker sounds the best to you??????? the one that sounds best to you, keep. and sell the other.

Post Number: 2
Well I wanted to know the general feedbacks of the two speakers. Example: Someone might say the JBL HLS410 is a better speaker since it uses a horn and it can have a lower crossover point to blend the music better and the woofers is better quality and materal then the Control 1Xtreme. By the way that part where I said having lower crossover point is true fact about the HLS410.

Username: Stang

Post Number: 3
Hey, why don't you go and spank vanilla ice. I see you've had enough at audioreview.

Post Number: 3
Well no one takes my questions seriously so I need to ask here. If there is anyone in here that has listened to the HLS410 or the Control 1Xtreme tell me what you think about them and also tell me which speakers I should sell on E-Bay.

Thank You

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 395
Obviously the HLS410 is better because it is more expensive. Besides that I would start upgrading your system with Clever Little Clocks. They make a huge difference. After that, replace the fuses in your amplifier with higher end models. If you are really good with soldering and safe, you can try modding your receiver with higher end caps too. Good luck!

Post Number: 4
Well my receiver is a Pioneer VSX-D308 so it's a old receiver but still works as new and still looks like new. Here's a pic of my receiver but the colors are bad since it's more black color then the pic.Upload

Post Number: 5
Here are pics of my two speakers.Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Upstate NY, New York

Post Number: 340
The HLS series is the better of the two speakers. With a smooth sounding amp or receiver, like Pioneer, the horns lose much of the edgy brightness. The tweeters are actually positioned above the woofer, and centered.

The HLS will throw a nice soundstage (with respect to the price). The control really does not image all that well, because the tweeters are offest, and are not a mirror image pair.

Silver Member

Upstate NY, New York

Post Number: 341
if you are not trolling, there is my answer...

if you are trolling, there is my answer...

The reason why you aren't taken seriously over here is because you posted a similar set of questions on audioreview, and aparrently trolled over there with those questions, rarely changing the wording.

You also stated there on that forum that you had bought a pair of sony speakers, yet come here asking if you should purchase some sony speakers. According to your audioreview posting, you already had bought them when you came over here asking if you should buy them.

I gave you my preference, but only you know which speaker is right for you. I can think of a few very well reguarded brands that I do not care for the sound of. They are built better than my maggies and paradigms, but the sound does not agree with me.

Trust your ears, and not ours. We can advise you, but you are the one that will live with these speakers.

I am done answering any more of your questions. I still think you are a troll, and have stated evidence as to why. I am a member there as well, and spotted your posts when I took the answer to a question you got from JBL on the Control speakers that you yourself posted. You stated over here you had not received an answer, and that is BS by reading the date of your posting on audioreview.

Silver Member

Upstate NY, New York

Post Number: 342
yup...just as I figured...

you were over at the audioreview speaker forum, and posted the same question with your old username that you were using to troll with.

But, you changed your username here. Imagine that... could it be because people don't take you seriously???

STOP TROLLING !!!!!

Post Number: 6
Well the Control 1Xtremes are exactly same speakers as the Control 1 from pro but only difference is that the Xtremes use Titanium Laminate and the orginal one uses Polycarbonate also the ohms is 4 ohms on the Control 1 and the Xtremes are 8 ohms for good for most receivers. I do know that the Control 1's are pro speakers so I would assume thay are better then all home speakers but what do you guys think?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13147
LOL...he's just trying to annoy you now, man!

Silver Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 398
Of course they are Adam. The best speakers I ever heard were Professional Line Cerwin Vega's at a friends wedding. They imaged and soundstaged like nobodies business!!!!!!

Silver Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 399
Ehh just have fun with it. You know its a joke, so you may as well.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6060
Oh Bernie...Effin pacifist to the end.

Post Number: 7
Well I just wanted to know what others think about these two speakers. You know that everyone is not in one forums so I need to ask others to see what they say. But do you guys now think the Control 1Xtreme is better since it's the same as the Control 1 from JBL Pro. Aren't the JBL Pro better speakers than home since they are used in studios or control rooms?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6061
So basically, a second opinion?
That seems more than reasonable!

Guy walks into the vet's office carrying a stiff dog. The vet does a cursory examination and 'says'your dog is dead' ". The man is Jethro Bodean type shocked and after gathering himself up, demanded a second opinion.
Second opinion? OK.
The vet guides a Labrador Retriever into the room.
The Lab shudders and hides in the farthest corner from the stiff. There! Says the vet, but is met with teary denial in return.
The vet then drops a cat onto the table. The feline arches Howls and disseminates a trail on her way to the corner to cuddle the Lab.
There says the vet, good enough?
OK Doc, loved that dog, thanks.

Here's the bill.

$325$ for telling me the dog is dead?

$320 for the Lab Test and a Cat Scan.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13152
Is that cat hairless, is it better than the fabled Cheshire grinner?

What do you guys think?

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3011
Wow, I do like the JBL control 1 extreme they do look mean for home cinema multiple surround. I'll have to check with Future Projections to see which model they're packing for £35.00

Silver Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 400
It is a tradeoff of course Berny. The hairless would be uglier, but it might well cause less allergies as well.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6075
See if Adam picks up the tab.

Silver Member

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 365
HAHAHAHA... I just got the laugh of the week.

I started a thread on audiogon alerting members there that their troll is over here now. Down the thread, it was stated by a member that our "Adam" registered another name and agreeing with himself that the speakers he was looking at were actually good. He got busted on it, and denied it.

Sound familiar? He created another name in here too :-P

According to the members of audiogon, he was trolling other forums, was caught, and warned. He possibly has been banned now.

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3017
Gavin

You really don't want to know who Adam is, it's his boyfriend, you know bend over and let me easy it up there, get the picture?

Silver Member

Upstate, New York

Post Number: 369
I gathered that from the website, but I am under the impression that he re-registered with the bf's name... tomake us think it was him.

Post Number: 8
I have decided to keep the Control 1Xtremes and I removed the Titanium-Laminated dome tweeters and I ordered two Polycarbonated dome tweeters that was used in the orginal Control 1 since I like the sound of Polycarbonate better then titanium-laminate. By the way Adam Smolinski is not my boyfriends name he is a white boy that is hot and is like me and he lives in Council Bluffs, Iowa. My boyfriends name is Adam too but his last name is different. NO I am not a troll or whatever that means I' am just asking everyones advise on all forums to see what they say whem I have a question about speakers. Well here's my website. http://www.velociraptor.4t.com

Post Number: 9
Both the Control 1Xtreme and the orginal Control 1 uses same size woofers and tweeters. I did learn one thing for sure is that the woofers model number is exactly same as the pro Control 1. Only the tweeters said Control 1X. So I just swap the Titanium-Laminate tweeters to Polycarbonate tweeters that are used in the orginal Control 1 and it sounds perfect as I want meaning it sounds exactly like the Orginal Control 1 from Pro even the power is the same, bass and highs same etc. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 6154
All of this for 100$ tin boxes?
Bugger off.

Post Number: 10
Well acutaly it's just a market price meaning if the Xtremes were sold back in the 90s it would of costed around $250 or more. They were able to reduce the price and get the same sound like the orginal Control 1 as matter of fact the new JBL Control 1 Pro that just came out last year is only $180 pair retail price so they are today able to make same sound and better acutaly in lower price that's what JBL told me.

Silver Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 420
I think the point is that they still, for lack of a better word, suck.

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3042
Upload
http://www.vanillaice378.proboards74.com/

YIKES! Jurassic Park will never be the same again!

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3043
Upload

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3056
Upload

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3057
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Serniter

Piscataway, New Jersey USA

Post Number: 131
Maybe you do. Why are you spamming the board?

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3058
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us