recieverAfter15 years my NAD 705 went quitely.

Username: Damz68

Post Number: 1
It has been a bad day! I loved that reciever and wonder what I did wrong. I also wonder if my Velodyne powered sub is gone too. I have had my tv hooked up in the video section for about 4 years. I turned off the speakers on tv and always wondered why I had to turn up volume to halfway on 705 to get to a comfortable hearing level. On cd got the same volume at 1/4 turn? Got my sub about 4 years back too. I had it run from pre-out to main in. Anyway, last night was watching tv and speakers started sounding staticky and it was gone. However sub continued to play but at a lower level. I unhooked everything except speakers and it poped a little, but no sound. I hook the sub up and get a low level static. Hope the sub is still good.

My biggest problem is the NAD dealer in my town left a couple years back. I blame my town, you see they wanted his property to build some high rise so they condemed his building to get him out. He really fought, he went as far as running for city council(I voted for him). We all know how corrupt the south is, he's gone too.

Looks like I got to drive a hundred miles, or pay a man in town 150 bucks and 3 weeks, or settle for a circuit city unit. Dont know what to do. What would you do? What unit could possibly replace the 705, with its burnt out display? And, do I have to get one of them ugly AV recievers to play my tv through. First and formost is my music, but I love the movies too.

Username: Damz68

Post Number: 2
Is there a way to edit your post?

Gold Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 1190
Derek:

After 15 years, I would say you got your monies' worth with your 705. Whatever you do, do not settle for a CC special. I have very good news for you. There are a couple of very good NAD receivers that I know will meet your needs:

http://nadelectronics.com/products/hifi-receivers

Check out the NAD L-53, in particular. Both the 720bee and the L-53 are excellent sounding receivers, and I have no doubt they will meet the needs of your ear, but what I like about the L-53 is that it has a built in DVD/CD player that is quite good and has an ambience recovery circuit that simulates surround sound when listening to video sources. Very nice looking too, so if you think AVRs are ugly, I think you will like this one.

E-mail Ed at Kiefs for a good price. He just satisfied another person who I recently referred.

edh@kiefs.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us