My receiver... what year??

Username: Bullseye74

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, you seem to be stereo experts. I have a 70's vintage receiver and was curious what year it might have been made. It's a Toshiba SA-504 four channel receiver. I picked it up cheap and all channels seem to work great. I like the old style receivers and was curious to know more about this. Also when you turn up the volume, there's a little 'static', i'm thinking maybe it needs a good cleaning. They guy I got it from said it sat for several years. Thanks!!!

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 1623
Too bad I can't answer that, but I seem to be posting anyway??

Well, my vintage receiver ('74) seems to have static only on highly sensitive speakers. What speakers are you pairing it with?

Username: Bullseye74

Portland, Oregon U.S.

Post Number: 2
Well they're some cheapie computer speakers that I used to test the channels. I read somewhere that removing the volume knob and cleaning the contact would help with it. Being that it sat for so long, I wouldn't be surprised if the contacts are simply dirty. Anyhow I checked Toshiba's website (worst website ever!) and couldn't find any guide or way to check on model numbers/years. If anybody knows i'd appreciate it!

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 1626
I'd recommend to take it in to a shop and have it fixed up? You know, clean out the insides, make sure all parts are up to snuff, replace lights, etc.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us