Bose Cable Pinouts

Username: Menco

Post Number: 1
Found an old Bose Lifestyle 18 DVD headunit, a PS18 (LSPS) amplified subwoofer AND an Acoustimass 10 passive sub but have no cables. Need pinouts for mini-DIN 9-pin (Bose Link) to RJ45 cable AND pinouts for mini-DIN 9-pin Bose Link to RCA plug.

Anyone got schematics or time/ohmmeter/generous spirit?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5797
Ancient Chinese Secret

Username: Menco

Post Number: 2
And I thought Amar's ancestors came from India.

Pass the salt, please.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5801
Are the cables available from Bose?
Or are you wanting to DIY for fun?

I wonder the cost from Bose, there have been a few posts on great service from them, and a few lumps of coal.

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Post Number: 258
Nuck, Bose has treated me well in the past. I have the QC2, TriPort IE (for my iPod) and Companion 3 computer speakers.

This is in addition to my Stax SR-001 headset, which I don't listen to much anymore. It is very uncomfortable for a long duration.

I just lost one of the silicone earpieces for my IE's, and I am having them delivered to me free of charge. They used to charge for them, but that changed. Bose also sent me additional rubber "feet" for the bottom of my computer speakers at my request.

They still won't compete with my Paradigm and Magnepan speakers (of course not), but I still think that Bose makes decent computer speakers and headsets. Whether or not they are competitive in the price range is another question. I have heard better headsets, but also wanted the noise reduction feature without having to shove plugs in my ears. I have yet to hear a better noise cancel style headset.

Now, if only they would bring back the 601's...

I tried the QC3 for a while, and it was a horrid, muddy mess. It literaly sounded like an acoustimass module on your ear. It was boomy and had no highs.

Thankfully the woofer on the computer speakers is slot ported in the back with a front firing woofer. The bass (and overall sound) is surprisingly good when set up properly, but you won't mistake it for a high end home audio system.

Silver Member
Username: Gavdawg

Post Number: 259
some of the guys over at headfi were raving about the performance of the Bose Triport IE, so it isn't just me :-)

It's reassuring that Bose can produce a few decent products in what usually is overpriced schlock.

Username: Jr1969sat

I am looking for the schematic for BOSE ACOUSTIMASS 30 Subwoofer.
And the 13 pin din cable to the small 8 pin din

Username: Jankant

BOSE ACOUSTIMASS Subwoofer
schematic. And the 13 pin din cable.

jankant@takas.lt

KELME, TYTUVENAI LITHUANIA

Bose Lifestyle model 5 music center / cd player,audio 13 pin din cable shematic.

Gold Member
Username: Stu_pitt

Irvington, New York USA

Post Number: 2182
Only because you asked so nicely -

eat@shiit.com

KELME, TYTUVENAI LITHUANIA

Post Number: 3
Bose Lifestyle model 5 music center / cd player,audio 13 pin din cable shematic.

jankant@takas.lt

Gold Member

Post Number: 9033
eat@shiitanddie.com

Username: Easttn

Orlando, FL United States

Give and take, can these Acoustimass (9) subs be used with a regular home theater amp? What wires should be connected from the amp to the sub?

Upload

Username: Jeruic1

Crestwood, IL USA

I'm hoping someone could help.
I am looking for the pin-out of the 13-pin din for the acoustimass 25 bass module.

Username: Scarab28xlt

Germany

Hello to all.

im from germany, i have read many from bose subs and there pin, but i cant find some diagramm for the 5pin connector.
Have anybody help for me ?

Thank you to all.

Username: Cosimino71

Tuglie, Lecce ITALIA

Hello Mark is new member of this forum is Italian for this will my English not be perfect. I have sub acoustimass 9 that I would want to connect to an amplifier kenwood, I have seen on the others post the connections to make. My cable to 8 pin in and aut has 1 rca red 1 rca white man and 1 jack from 3,5. That feeding I must put on the jack in order to ignite the sub.

Username: Sebounet

France

Hi would somebody know where to find a cable that could do the job for connecting a lifestyle 28 serie1 to a subwoofer liferstyle serie 3.
basically difference is on the pinout 8 pins for media center 9 for subwoofer.
Would somebody have the pinout maybe??

Username: Bill60750

SantiagoChile

Someone can help me : for acoustimass 30 home theater ( female plug 8 pins ) what wires should be connected to lifestyle 5

Username: Polasrini

Please ceheck this link for RJ45

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D370229133277&ssPageName=S TRK:MEWAX:IT

Username: Twxmike

Wilmington, North Carolina USA

Hello, I am a newbie to this forum so please pardon and correct if you will, any violations of forum protocol.
I am looking for a pin-out diagram for the 13 pin connector on a Bose Acoustimass 25 Series II, powered module. Would someone please advise me where I might locate such a diagram?
Thank you,

Username: Jeruic1

Crestwood, IL USA

Hey Mike,

I hope this helps you.

1- Right Input +, 2- Ground, 3- Ground, 4- SPDIF In
5- Right/Left Input - , 6- Ground, 7- Turn On, 8- not used
9- Left Input +, 10- Ground, 11- tty oUT, 12- Ser Data In
13- 12V

Upload

Username: Twxmike

Wilmington, North Carolina USA

Rick,

Perfect - thank you so much. I just got home with the unit in the back of my truck and was about to disassemble it to trace the wiring and circuit.

You've saved me hours of work. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Username: Armenskipop

Sofia, Sofia Bulgaria

I am looking for a pin-out diagram for the 8 pin connector(RJ45) on a Bose Lifestyle 28 Series III Subwoofer.

Would someone please advise me where I might locate such a diagram?
Thank you,

Username: C401

I am very interested on connecting the lifestyle 28 Series III Subwoofer to ordinary receiver. Please, help!

Username: Josiahmorgan

does anyone have the pin out diagram for the acoustimass 30 sub?
could you email it to josiahmorgan@gmail.com?

Username: Sgraham16

Does anyone know if it is possible to connect an LS-18 head unit to an older LS 5 or 12 subwoofer? Thanks in advance.

Username: Aquaranti

I have an older bose 321 unit I tried using a 15 pin hook up cable from bose console to subwoofer, and I cant power up the console. do I need the actual bose cable for the unit to work? and power up .. thanks in advance. aquaranti

Username: Rodrigopardo

Es posible conectar acustimass 25 serie II a un equipo de sonido de una marca diferente? Tiene Din de 13 Pines.
Tengo identificados los pines los conecto. Activo con los 12V en los pines 13 y 7 , 3 GND. Entrada de audio en 1 Right, 5 GND common, 9 Left. pero no suena nada.

Que se conecta en los pines SPDIF IN, SER-DATA-IN y TTY-OUT
Gracias

Username: Bhart

I have a Bose Lifestyle 5 with an acoustimass 25 series II.
The Acoustimass unit shuts down after a few minutes operation.
The sound crackles and shuts down faster if the volume is high.

I have checked the headphone socket on the Lifestyle 5 unit.
The headphone output continues to work

I have opened the acousimass box but there is nothing obviously wrong.
Can anyone help me?

Username: Rodrago

Hi All,

I just bought Powered Acoustimas 9 speaker system. Anyone can help me how can I connect this to my 5.1 receiver instead of the music center...thanks

Username: Hifi_lovers

Hi everyone,
I have a Bose PS48 powered subwoofer (I believe: SERIES 1). When moving house, I misplaced/missed the audio input cable.
Would anyone kindly help me out regarding the schematic for this model? So, I can make the cable for this sub.
Thanks

Username: Besimple1

Amherst, WI US

I am trying to hook up a Bose AM 25 II powered sub to a Yamaha receiver with a sub output. I just need to know how to make a cord to only make the sub work. What is the turn on and how can I rig it up to work or by-pass it.
Thank you.

Username: 24century

Looks like this vender get pretty much every Bose product accessories, bought one of this DIN-Ethernet and it does work beautifully

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281755197372

Username: Carlosechandia

good evening, some of you in the forum could perhaps help with the electrical diagram of this acoustimass bose 8 Series 2? I require the 13-pin connector diagram. thanks.

Upload

Username: Toky

Hi everybody,
Does anyone have the 13 pin out diagram for the acoustimass 30 sub? How can I switch on the power without cable and without media center?
could you email it to contattailtecnico@gmail.com?
Thanks in advanced

Username: Envy

I just got this system (Lifestyle V30) thinking I can hook it up to my existing sony amplifier. This 9 pin wire which connects the sub to the console (AV18)can I somehow connect it into my Sony amp? I must make this work, any leads will help? There's gotta be a way...someone...anyone. Thanks in advance

Username: Vondes

Post Number: 7
Ancient Chinese Secret

Username: Psygowski

Portsmouth, NH United States

Hi Everyone!, Does anyone have the pinout for the Bose 13 pin square interconnect cable? It's for my PS3-2-1 subwoofer so I can wire it to my Onkyo receiver. The PCB is 279318-002 is just can't seen to find the way to either add a switch or just always on points. Thanks in advance!

Username: Psygowski

Portsmouth, NH United States

Added to my post above, its the blue and white cable inside the interconnect cable that turns on the amp I just can't find out which one that is without a cord. I've been looking at the schematics for the boards trying to find the points to solder for turn on and sub input. Thanks again!

Username: Umeshs

Post Number: 3
Hi, does anyone have pinout for 9 pin "D" connector used on Bose Cinemate GS series II. this sub has two 9 D connectors, one is for tow sat. speakers and other one is for audio input and trigger.

Post Number: 4
Hi, does anyone have pinout for 9 pin "D" connector used on Bose Cinemate GS series II. this sub has two 9 D connectors, one is for tow sat. speakers and other one is for audio input and trigger.

Post Number: 5
If anyone has schematic for 9 pin D connector please send me on umesharma360@gmail.com.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us