NAD 753 vs Harman AVR 335.

Username: Igorzzz3

The Netherlands

Post Number: 6
Hello,

I'm looking to upgrade my current HT receiver: Pioneer VSX-D814.
I'm able to buy both the HK AVR 335 or the NAD 753, new, for a nice price (for less than € 500 each.)

My speaker setup is as follows:
Fronts: Monitor Audio Bronze B4
Rear: MA Bronze B2
Centre: MA Bronze Center
Sub: Infinity SW-10

The listeningroom is about 40 m2.

Wich one of the two should i choose and why??

Greetings
Igor

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5663
Hi Igor. That is a tough choice. Do you have any preferences for the features of each?
Like A/V switching, HDMI, or does that matter to you?

Gold Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 1140
Sonically speaking, I think the NAD is the better choice with the MA Bronze series speakers. If it were the Silvers, I might lean toward the H/K (since the Silvers are much more forward sounding and the H/K is more laid back sounding than the NAD). Either way, they are both an improvement over the Pioneer.

The Netherlands

Post Number: 7
Well, the thing that matters most for me is the sound and power. I'm not that focused on features. What i would really like and i think this is what my current pioneer doesn't do is that when i for example listen to music in stereo in low listeninglevels ther is not much detail. So i have to crank up the volume nob quite a bit to get som detail. Also i tend to think that when played quite loud, (75 % volume) the high tones do soun sometimes a bit thin or harsch.

So i'm looking for a laidback warmish sound with enough detail even with low listening levels.
I think that both receivers do meet my current requirements featurewise. One note though, in the future i would like to buy Dynaudio speakers, for example the Audience range, in a complete 5.1 set up. Which of the two receivers would be more futureproof for the Dynaudio's.

Greetings
Igor

Gold Member

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 1150
NAD, hands down.

I currently run a Dynaudio Audience 42 system with my NAD T753. It is a killer combo.

The Netherlands

Post Number: 8
Well, Hawk. I always thought tha NAD and Dynaudio are a good combo. Will NAD 753 give me the warmish laidback sound with also enough detail (even with low level listening) in combination with my current Monitor Audio's.
If so, i tend to go with the NAD instead of the HK.

Gold Member

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 1154
I think so--any limitation will be with the Bronze speakers, not the receiver. But those Bronze are pretty good, so you may decide that you don't need to upgrade the speakers.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5704
Igor, your description of ideal sound looks like a Nad ad.
You ain't gonna miss.

The Netherlands

Post Number: 9
Don't get me wrong i really like my Montor Audio's, especially for the price i payed for them. I got the whole combo for a real bargain. They will have to do their job for quite some time, and maybe then i'll be switching to Dynaudio's. The Hifi store i can buy the NAD 753 gives me the possibility to hook my speakers on the receiver and listen.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us