Emotiva.com/amplifiers.html

Silver Member
Username: Polksavage

Post Number: 117
anyone heard of this company? its a first for me but a power amp for 499? seems a little fishy.

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
I'm considering buying these

http://69.63.142.103/lmc1.html

http://69.63.142.103/lpa1.html

899 for the pair. the specs sound good....well except the wait of the power amp what are your opinions

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5615
Interesting. Made in Columbia?

Gold Member

Post Number: 5616
Colombia.
Geography major, D'oh!

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
Currently I'm using a rxv-1300 I was going over the numbers and I think I'd be getting more from this emotiva setup

Gold Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 1137
jim:

You will simply have to try it to know if it is right for you. That amp comes with a 30 day in home trial, so take them up on it. I would be interested in your impressions if you decide to try it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5619
Sent and return to Florida. Napierville? Thets where the Dared brand is housed.
I got my 10 sets of interconnects from Dared today.
Look nice.

The Chinese invasion?
I think the link I followed said Colombian...

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12713
I am curious as well.

Let us know if you purchase this, Jim.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5626
Take one for the team, Jim...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5629
I pondered on a couple of other forums about this brand.
Seems AV123 has handled them for a while, and while I found only a few owners, I could not find a bad word about them.
The are ID, of course, and no allowances are made for Canadian interests, unfortunately.
I would like to get some personal feedback.

5 yr warranty and all.

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
ok I always hear that my yammy (rxv1300) is a bright reciever. If I just buy this emotiva power amp and use my rxv for a preamp will this change the sound of the yammie?

I use
rti10 fronts

Gold Member

Post Number: 5641
Maybe. The perfect power amp will simply multiply the pre signal.
Nobody's perfect.

If you like the Yammie sound, you will be fine.
If it is bright, it will be bright and louder.

Silver Member
Username: Jethro

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 165
you own the yammy rxv1300, is it bright? do you want to "change" the sound of the yammy? if you think its bright and you want to change the sound of the yammy imo you are going about it in the wrong way. Adding a power amp as nuck has elaborated on isn't going to change your sound characteristics as much as a different sounding pre/pro would, or speakers/room treatments etc.. would. You may be better off looking to spend your money on room treatments or even speakers before amplifying the signal to try and get what you want out of your system. That said, you can't really go wrong with the lpa-1 from emotiva as its a good amp at a good price and it will be versatile in whatever you decide to do. Not so sure your going about "what you don't like about how your system sounds" in a good manner. Perhaps you don't like the way your yammy sounds with your speakers, the amp isn't going to help you here. The only knock for the price I have found on this particular emotiva amp is that the 6,7th channels can produce a hum when bridged together as a 6th channel. Jimmy, your yammie isn't going to sound much different w/ this amp, perhaps look at a marantz or whatever else is out there if you don't like the sound of your current setup.

Silver Member

Post Number: 124
so I guess I should sell my yammie and go with that pre/power configuration from emotiva then. :-)

Silver Member

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 173
the yammy could very well be the last receiver you will ever own ;;

Gold Member
Username: T_bomb25

Dayton, Ohio United States

Post Number: 1498
They are on their own now Emotive and av123 parted ways about 4 months ago,they make some very good equipment it wasnt a quality control issue that caused the break up,it was just a conflict of interrest,the companies split on good terms.As far as I know Mark the owner of av123 still honors their warranties,many av123 folk still buy from them,as a matter of fact at the time of the split,Emotive came out with some new very interresting gear,and the man behind them is a good guy to boot and they make great equipment,as a matter of fact that new Nad Master series looks strikingly similar to their gear,and Emotive builds a lot of faceplates and casings for other companies.

Silver Member

Post Number: 130
placing my order on friday when I get my bonus at work when I get it I will post pics from equipment in closed new box to installed in my home theater room

Gold Member

Post Number: 5794
looking forward to that, Jim.

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
and I'm getting an advanced chance to own a new pair of the rti polks coming out in may, I'll keep you guys posted.

Gold Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 1174
jim:

Keep you Yammie and compare the two to see what you think. We would then greatly value your opinions about the new equipment posted here.

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
its on the way and the compare wont be a big surprise I hate the sound I get from the rxv-1300 I've changfed and rechanged the setting and music sounds like garbage. I like the htr-5850 I had which was 500 bucks cheaper

Platinum Member

Post Number: 12974
I'm interested in the results as well.

Silver Member

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 174
did it come in yet?

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
I lvie in canada so I have to wait a littel longer than normal as customs figures out its not a bomb or bomb making material. I hate customs

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 414
Hey Jimm you live in ontario,kitchener?

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
Nope in the soo

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 415
Wheres the "soo"?

where are you at man

cause my uncle was talking to someone who was ordering some emotica stuff and he had a yammy amp

Gold Member

Post Number: 5985
Sault Ste. Marie

Go hounds!

Bronze Member
Username: Rushwj

Knoxville, TN USA

Post Number: 52
i'm very interested to hear your comparisons. i'm not much of a yammie fan myself (it's just not for me), but i've considered emotiva multiple times, just haven't pulled the trigger on them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5999
Actually Jim, the CRA is wringing every last penny in fees out of the gear before sending the stuff and the bill.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 424
SO does it sound good?

Username: Blairhdtv

Sudbury, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 5
Well, we all know what happens (for the most part) when you buy unknown equipment.. problems problems, and more problems. especially for extremely cheap prices.

Blair
http://www.streetcode.org

Platinum Member

Post Number: 13224
And what does streetcode.org have anything to do with the proposed purchase?

Bronze Member
Username: Rushwj

Knoxville, TN USA

Post Number: 53
i actually disagree w/ blair. sometimes it's fun to try out new brands/products. you can find great and interesting products that way sometimes.

also, emotiva isn't that unknown. if you're familiar w/ av123 then you've probably come across emotiva. they used to be sold w/ av123, but just recently split off.

Silver Member

Post Number: 167
Still waiting..........but if you look into these pieces of equipment they are rated the same quality as NAD and ROTEL

Gold Member

Post Number: 6125
Build quality perhaps, but a brand has to have a house sound, that uumph, that certain quality that makes an identity. Beit Yamaha or Rotel.
Or Mac(shudder).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us