Surround speakers

Bronze Member
Username: John_hey

Post Number: 19
What type of speaker is the best for surround?
I mean bookshelf or tower speaker(floor stand).
I already have pair of tower for front.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1033
Hey John Hey (grin), depends on your room size for placement suitabilty and the speakers you already have. For hi-rez surround (sacd & dvd-a) full range floorstanders all around are the most preferable, but rear bookshelves can work well also as they can for matrix surround and dd and dts movies. Google surround sound speaker setup and you might learn a thing or two about what can be a controversal subject.

Bronze Member
Username: John_hey

Post Number: 20
Thanks, M.R.

So you mean if I want to have dd and dts, Book shelf speakers are better than floorstanders for rear?

here is my another posting that may help you understand what I mean. Please bear with me since I am new in audio system setup.
I have a Kenwood amp and a pair of MTS 2208.
So far I set them up as stereo system and the sound is reasonable. I want to make a home theater system.(5.1)
My questions are since the speakers have nice bass do I need to add a subwoofer or not?
Secondly, I want to add two surround speakers for rear. I was thinking about Athena AS-F2.2.
Is it a good idea to have them as rear speakers or I need another type/brand.
Can I get the full range of frequency with this system.

Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 1034
No I did not mean bookshelves are better for dd and dts - just that in most cases they are more practical in terms of room placement and expense. For home theatre a decent sub will make those big sound movies come to life. I don't know your speakers though for music especially it is good to have similar brand speakers all around for timbre matching.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1833
John, It's usually recommended for you to stay with the same brand of speakers front and rear (and centre). This way, they will have the same design philosophy and components, and so they will have a similar sound and presentation. This way, you create a more uniform soundfield which is more believable.

Regards,
Frank.

Username: Deso

Post Number: 1
I have a Mitusbishi WS-65314 TV. I am trying to connect external speakers with no luck. The wiring is basic wire run through my walls to the speakers. What am I doing wrong?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5273
Des, you have to use the OSD to config for external speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us