Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand...

Username: Blowfish

Post Number: 1
Hi, I am pretty new in the world of Home Audio. I recently went to local Magnolia to listen to some speakers (mostly bookshelf). At first, I liked Def. Tech. studio monitor sm350. But after listening to Vienna Acoustics Haydn Grand, oh my, Def. Tech. sm350 sounds very harsh all of sudden. :-( VA Haydn grand is completely out of my budget. DT sm350 is about $450, and VA is $1200. Only way I can get VA Haydn is by 18 month interest free plan. Do you think VA is worth the cost? I don't have money to upgrade the speaker later, so if I buy a pair now, I want something that I am completely satisfied with. And I am very, very impressed by VA Haydn grand. Audio gurus, what should I do? Show me the way! :-) Are there any bookshelf speakers similar to VA Haydn Grand below $500? I was reading about Monitor audio silver sr1. How MA silver compare to VA Haydn? Thank you very much for your input.

Bronze Member
Username: Audionew

Arlington, Texas

Post Number: 12
i like paradigm and would feel comfortable recommending them to anyone.........but i'm a beginner too so dont take my word for it

Bronze Member
Username: Audionew

Arlington, Texas

Post Number: 13
that atoms or mini-monitors should be in your price range, some depends on your electronics

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12228
Vienna Acoustics...very nice! Their worth is totally dependent on your perception. If you were impressed, then anything else will be a compromise. If you can listen to Paradigm, try them, but do not buy anything unheard. And the Monitor Audio Silvers will be a little bright compared to Vienna Acoustics.

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Silver Spring, MD United States

Post Number: 278
I wouldn't count on anything in the $500 price point touching the Haydn. There is obviously going to be much more competition as you near that price point though, but the ease of acqusition is something to be considered as well (18 months interest free never hurts).

Some speakers you may consider looking at though would include the NHT Classic line (with some speakers in and out of the $500 price bracket), and maybe some B&W speakers.

Of course you should always consider your source and the room acoustics when choosing a speaker, so keep this in mind as well.

Username: Pjsuss

NY

Post Number: 1
B&W CM1 are about $900. I liked the Vienna better though. Still trying to make up my mind on my system. I also liked the Sonus Faber Concertino bookshelf, but it goes for the same price as the Vienna.

Silver Member
Username: Darth

The woodlands

Post Number: 110
Sam Lee,

The Viennas not only sound pretty good but they look very nice too! but before you pull the plug keep in mind that they are rated at 4 ohms so you will need an amp that is capable of driving them with no problems.

Good luck

Username: Pjsuss

NY

Post Number: 2
I am going with the rotel rx-1052 amp, rcd-1072 cd - Now I just need to pick out a sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us