Receiver suggestion: 7.1 + HDMI + Dual Zone + IR blasters

Username: Thieveryfan

Post Number: 1
What should I get for $399 - $600 ???

Do you want Upconversion with that? - Sure!

Thanks for your input.

Kurt

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 320
Harman kardon avr 245

Should do the trick

Has 7.1 but with the zone 2 it becomes 5.1 , Has upconversion and HDMI

Username: Thieveryfan

Post Number: 2
Kyle, that looks like a great receiver. I was hesitant about the 50watts at first, but read other user reviews saying that it's very powerful and clean.

One thing I am worried about is what this other gentleman said:
owners manual that the HDMI switching only switches between sources for video...even though HDMI carries audio and video, you still need to hook up an audio line either digital coax or digital optical.
- I'd really prefer to just use one little hdmi cable than 3 cables. I'm running a 42" Philips Plasma on an articulating wall mount and Mirage Omnisats for front and JBL in wall for rears.

Also.....
I was looking at the Yamaha HTR-5990 which is like $200 more, but looks superb - anyone know how well Yamaha receivers are made???

Thanks again.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 325
THe H/K i Own haha Its a great receiver and yes it only does video switching. The yamaha is pretty good but look at the RXV1600B it's the same as the HTR-5990 but it not a mass market model and has some more features. I'm pretyy sure its the same as the H/K for the HDMI, but dont hold it to me i'm not sure, The yamaha is more of a *Bright* sounding reciever , Were as the H/k Is more of a *warm* sounding reciever

There both good unit's if you go with the yamaha look into the Rx-v1600 it would sell at audio stores not like bestbuy-futureshop-circuit city

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 326
And yes it is very clean and has lots of power when needed

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 327
And yes it is very clean and has lots of power when needed

It goes from (-80) - (+10) i have put mine to about (-14) and it filled the apt this was in stereo and there was no distortion or anything and this is a 3 bedroom APT, So like i said there plenty of power

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5070
Kurt, if you keep the A and V switching seperate, it gets easier.
And that receiver has audio timing to correct any lapses.
My kit does not.sniff.

As for Yammy build, I think it is light.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us