Narrowed it down, looking for inputs.

Username: Air2mud82

APO AE DE

Post Number: 1
Hey all, I'm moving my final (I think???) decision over to these forums as I don't want to wear out my welcome at another site that I'm sure you all know about!
Long story short, I'm in a very hot/sandy place that has TERRIBLE internet connectivity and so I am trying to get a new Receiver by using the old lady as a middle (wo)man. Mostly because I don't want to pay internat'l shipping and need dual-voltage, I have limited resources. Either way, just looking for your opinions between:
Yamaha RX-V1600 ($689)
or this: http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/42/98/405/VSX-2016AV-S/index.html ($569).
I would appreciate any and all opinions. If you base solely on "yamaha is better than Pioneer", at least check out the site if you have time and let me know if its THAT much better considering the price difference and options. Thanks all!

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 402
I'm leaning toward the Pioneer! It should have solid build.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5052
Mike, with those 2 choices alone, I would REALLY want to check the power sections of the units.

Read the power consumption values on the back panels and weigh(the physical mass) of both.

Heavy and power hungry wins.

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 422
Oh thanks Nuck, that'll help me out as well! I'm going to look at the back of my receivers later!

Username: Air2mud82

APO AE DE

Post Number: 2
Nuck - good advice. I was at a draw between the two, with the Pioneer having an advantage because it is slightly less expensive and is i-pod ready whereas Yamaha has the brand name behind it.
Yamaha wins the battle of weight/power with the following: 39 pounds/500W vs. 33.7 pounds/450W.
Since it is your guys' tax $ paying my electricity bills, I guess I'll go w/ the one with the highest power consumption
I will most likely be purchasing on Tuesday, so if anyone else has any advice or recommendions, please feel free to let me know... I'm all ears!

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5061
Mike, those are light.
www.outlawaudio.com have a link for personnell, I think
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us