Crackling from Integra amp

Username: Atakkar

OttawaCanada

Post Number: 1
Hi,
I'm a new audiophile and recently purchased an integra 6.5 with paradigm monitor 7s.

Just recently, I've noticed a small crackling noise from the speakers whenever someone walks close to the amp (carpeted floor) essentially creating some sort of vibration. Happens also when I lightly tap on the carpeted floor when sitting right in front of the amp.

I traced the problem to the terminal post on the amp for the speakers, such that if I lightly tap on the posts or even jiggle them, it creates the crackling noise (noise stays as long as the vibration is there). I've moved from banana clips to directly screwing in the wires to posts, but the crackling still happens.

Also, I was playing with the test tone section on the integra and with only the two speakers setup, I would previously hear only the test tone on L and R. This time I was hearing the test tone (at half volume as that on L and R) on the center, surround L, surround R, etc... so I knocked on the floor right infront of the amp (which used to cause crackling in normal mode) and the test tone from the other settings other than L and R were GONE...seems like a a loose connection somewhere!! any ideas whats wrong?

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1771
Not sure if you're still looking at this. It sounds to me like there's a major problem with this unit of yours. You should send it back. If it's very new then you should claim a new one since there appear to be more than one issue with it.

Regards,
Frank.

Username: Atakkar

OttawaCanada

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the response Frank, It's going in for a inspection tomorrow and if it's a heavfty amount to fix it, i'm going after Integra to fix it under warranty, since I am in Canada and I bought it in US and according to them, it wont be supported under warranty.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us