Receiver for Monitor Audio System

Username: Htupgrade

Post Number: 6
Hello,
I am just wondering if there are any optimal receivers for a Monitor Audio Home theater (RS6, RS1, RSLCR, RSW12). I have been looking at a HK 645, Denon 3806, and an Integra DTR 7.7. My main concern is sound quality, but would simply just have the basic requirement that the receiver can output itno component video at any resolution whatsoever. Are there any other recommendations out there as well?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11996
Those are all great units, however, sound is a matter of personal preference. We can recommend all we want but the matter need to be settled by your own ears. For that matter, listen to the Outlaw Audio offerings as well. Have you listened to any of these?

Post Number: 7
I have considered the Outlaw, but I feel that the Outlaw will be unable to power my room (20 x 20). I've only been able to listen to the 3806. I hope to be able to demo the Integra as well as a Marantz SR7001 on Saturday, but if I choose the HK 645 it will need to be ordered from Onecall. This brings me to another question, are HKs reliable?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 4942
As reliable as any other.

H, try the Outlaw.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4943
If you think Denon has power, the 'Laws will jersey you.

Bronze Member
Username: Manc

Post Number: 20
Something warm sounding like a Marantz, NAD (754 hopefully it's free of the issues of previous NAD's) or HK will go well with those forward MA's but you'll know better after your demo. You don't hear many QC issues with HK and to give you an idea they're generally warmer than the other two mentioned. Not heard Outlaw or Integra/Onkyo myself.

Bronze Member
Username: Manc

Post Number: 21
But the fact Outlaw are direct would interest me. Your pennies would go further and don't they do home trials? Lucky you lot.

Post Number: 8
I visited Outlaw's website today, and noticed their 990/7075 combo. It looks extremely affordable at $1298. I'd like to ask some users if Outlaw would create too warm of a sound with the MAs. Also, would I need to purchase extra cables for the separates combo? Thanks. Also, question on the NAD that Manc recommended...How are they with home theater material as I've heard that that is where NAD is not as strong.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12025
I would not describe the Outlaw as warm. They are rather neutral.

The only other cables you would need are the ones you use to connect the pre/pro to the power amp. One for each output channel.

I have the NAD 773 and HT is not it's forte...it is no slouch so don't get me wrong, but I rather like it for music.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4967
I have never heard the Outlaw line described as warm. Forward, perhaps, in a Rotel kind of way.

Check their 'hideout' and ask around.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us