B&W CM7

Bronze Member
Username: Mike53

Post Number: 12
Has anyone heard the CM7, as well as the CM satellites and center speakers? I was curious how it compares to the 600 series.

Username: Bflo_barry

Post Number: 2
I have CDM7's.
But I have not heard of CM7.
I would suspect that they are an earlier model.
Barry

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
You are correct, Barry...the CDM7 is an earlier version of the CM7. I've never heard either model and was just wondering how they sound. I know they are an "upgrade" from the 600 series, but not as nice as the 700s. Still trying to find someone who has heard them.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 5099
Mike, I think the 600 series is going to be replaced, likely at CES in a couple of weeks.
Prices will drop, perhaps dramatically(although B&W will try to stem it).

The 600's are so old, a new product will emerge, perhaps not a full line.

I would sit and wait a while, the prices will adjust, I am not sure where the surround kit will end up.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Thanks, Nuck, for the heads-up. I'm intereted in what is going to replace the 600 series.
Over the holidays I went to D.C. and to listen to the Focal-JM Chorus 726...very nice. The dealer also had the B&W 604, which he offered at a discount. Now I know why.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1772
Mike,

FWIW, I think the Focals annihilate the B&W CM series speakers. The Focals are far more involving a listen in my view. In many ways I think the 600-series is more enjoyable to listen to than the CM series, but as pointed out earlier the 600 series is quite long in the tooth. I'm not sure when B&W are due to replace the 600 series (a couple of weeks doesn't seem enough to me), but if they stay with the CM presentation I won't be happy.

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Frank,

From another forum, someone had commented that the new CM series where "enjoyable" but nothing "special". I'm not in a rush so I'm willing to wait and see what new product(s) B&W puts on the market.

I agree, "a couple of weeks" isn't much time.

Happy New Year!

Mike

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1773
Mike,

In my view, along with Focal, other worthwhile contenders in this price range would include Dynaudio and Totem. At CM prices, they are a far more balanced and enjoyable listen I think.

Happy New Year back!

Regards,
Frank.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Thanks for the recomendations, Frank. Others have suggested Totem and I have read many positive opinions of Dynaudio. Unfortunately there are no dealers nearby. I have also listened to Spendor as well as Thiel - both impressive but out of my price range. The search continues.

Take care.

Mike
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us