Connection for AVR 245

Username: Mkdhaka

Alexandria, VA USA

Post Number: 9
I having trouble with connection for AVR 245. Can someone help me? So far I have component from Cable/Sat box to Receiver and fro DVD to Receiver but I don't see any picture for TV. I see the picture for DVD but don't get any audio. I am confused, can someone help me. Thanks a lot in advance.

Username: Lorneth1

Post Number: 3
Morris,

This should be your connection: component cable from SAT/CABLE to Receiver and another component cable to your TV. The DVD will have a separate connection, more than likely DVD player to Receiver and then to the TV (using different input of course like video1, 2, or 3) My setup is DVD HDMI to tv from receiver and DVD audio being powered by fiber optic connected to the 340 since my AVR340 does not have HDMI switching, I have to use separate connection for audio. Hope this helps.

I have a question for you once you setup your dvd, what is your typical volume for good surround, nice effects and dialogue. Let me know.

Alexandria, VA USA

Post Number: 10
Thanks Kenneth! I got my system hooked up but righ now i am using analog connection for audio,so it's not giving me true srround sound. Do you have Coxial or fiber optic connection? Which one is better, please let me know. I would appreciate it. Once I change my audio conneciton I will be able to answer your question. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Jethro

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 123
IMO, neither one is better than the other digital coaxial vs optical. As long as you a have a reasonably short run either cable with decent quality given the application should suffice. e.g. I cannot notice a difference between the 2.

Post Number: 4
Morris,

Jeff is right about the distinction of the two. It is really hard to notice the difference, most people only tend to believe what they want so its hard to make the judgment IMO. I'm running an optical connection and I am in the same boat about trying coaxial but I don't want to spend anymore in the meantime. I hope you can get your digital connection soon, so that you can have the answer to my question. Thanks.

Bronze Member

Alexandria, VA USA

Post Number: 16
Thanks Kenneth! I bought both cables (one for sat/cable box to receiver and anoter from DVD to receiver). For some reason my connection from DVD to receiver doesn't work. When I try to change the setup in HK under OSD mode from ananlog to optical or coxial, it changes back to analog automatically after few seconds. Not sure what is going on. Do you have any idea? Thanks!

Post Number: 6
Morris,

There's a few ways to check for errors, you can check the configuration of the DVD player. Make sure that everything you're trying to do is digital not analog and you should see this on the setup menus under your dvd. Once you think you have them setup correctly, go change the setup in HK and turn of auto polling just make sure that coaxial is default or fiber if your running fiber optic. Ensure that you only have one type of connection from your dvd to the receiver (fiber, coaxial, regular rca). Let me know what happens.

Bronze Member

Alexandria, VA USA

Post Number: 19
Kenneth thanks! The set in the DVD was analog, I changed it DTS and it works fine now. Thanks so much.

Post Number: 8
Awesome, now you can tell me what's your average listening volume for good sound effects movie with nice dialogue too right?

Bronze Member

Alexandria, VA USA

Post Number: 20
Kenneth I owe you an answer.I am having little troubel with the right set up (some reason my avr aumatically stays with Dolby Digital option). I am trying to change it the options menu. Anyhow right now -15 through -17 gives me good sound. How about your system?

Post Number: 10
-15 - -17 is about right, for movies I'm at -20 so I'm not that far away. This is also the fact that my speakers are at -1 channel db setup. For your Dolby Digital option try taking out the default surround under your HK setup, that should fix it. Thanks for the answer.

Bronze Member

Alexandria, VA USA

Post Number: 21
Kenneth I forgot to ask what setup and system do you have? Number of speakers,Recerivers and how big is your room? Thanks!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Sorry, my living room is about 12*18 and I'm running 5.1 or 7.1 depending on the movie. My location is at the middle. The center and fronts are about 8 feet, surround are at 4 feet and surround back about 7 feet. I'm listening right now about -20 and this is ok for me. I just want to know if that's too high. Thanks.

Silver Member

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 129
I think that the db setting on your hk's will vary from an spl output standpoint depending on the speakers you're driving and the source and source material. This number imo doesn't mean a whole lot, albeit a good reference.

Silver Member

Lansing, Mi

Post Number: 130
not to mention room variations ;;
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us