CEC CD 3300r

Username: Chavakan

Post Number: 1
I'm looking for a CD player, but I am not sure which one will match to my system (Speakers: ELAC 103 + Intregated Amp: AMC306).

Can all of u guys suggest me which one is the best to them between CEC CD 3300r, Marantz CD5001, and NAD 521BEE.

Thanks

Username: Lensman_1

Post Number: 1
Just had the CEC 3300r and it's amuch better player in terms of detail, balance, and realism/clarity copmared to the other two. Marantz i can't stand: too bright, fatigueing. I do like NAD but they can be too wooley (read, mushy, distorted) in the bottom end resulting in compression. This sounds warmer and sometimes easy on the ears with jazz or classical but NAD isn't great. The CEC can compete with players up to $2000 easily though the only thing i find it lacks is bass slam. It's more precise and tight with bass. I just traded up to the CEC TL51XR and love it immensely. I also have Elac speakers.

Post Number: 2
Thanks a lot "Mr.Gee Off Bland".
Ah ... ha... You also have Elac speakers, So, which brand of a amplifier that you are using? What about the sound?
Finally, I should go to buy CEC....

Username: Lensman_1

Post Number: 2
I have the Elac 203.2 book shelf speakers. WOnderfully smooth and transparent. Using a tube pre amp (Anthem Pre2L) and an Odyssey Audio Stratos solid state power amp. Van den Hul Magnum Hybrid speaker cable. Other toys too. If I were you I'd get the CEC but if you like warmer, fuzzier bass the Nad will be more suitable. The AMC is a solid amp though and I know NAD pairs well with it as it's in a similar pricepoint category.
Some friends call me Gee - off. Have you heard that before?

Post Number: 3
Sorry, I haven't heard it before. What does it mean?
I'm a Thai guy. So, maybe, I am not familer with that.Mr.Gee-off.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us