Cambers

Bronze Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 96
I picked up a pair of cambers at a pawnshop and they sound super sweet. Are they as good as I think? thx

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9210

Yes, I sold and promoted Cambers for many years. They are similar in sound and quality to other early Canadian brands from the 1980's and '90's. At that time all Canadian speaker companies were sharing the National Testing Facilities and technology was producing similar results for most of the burgeoning compaies. The Canadian speakers from the period combined a large swipe of British speaker accuracy with a touch of American speaker presence. IN the shop I sold from, Cambers did quite well against KEF, Boston Acoustics, and Klipsch. I thought the Cambers represented the better value against Canadian companies such as Paradigm, Mirage and Energy. Camber employed a few simple tricks to get some excellent results for very little cash. Depending on the size of the enclosure, your speakers probably have a brace that fits between the rear of the woofer's magnet assemby and the back wall of the cabinet. This flexes the cabinet slightly and alters the resonant patterns while giving the woofer more support than most conventional designs. I used to connect the smallest Camber to our most expensive electronics and blow people away with the sound that came from a $200 pair of speakers. The soundstage from thet set up gave the mid priced Theils a run for the money. Give the Cambers good solid stands and top notch electronics and you've made a terrific combination. They don't require specific placement but are good enough to benefit from being picky when you do the set up.

Bronze Member
Username: Edenman

Post Number: 97
Hey, thanks! Yeh, bass response is excellent, and they just sound great! I understand they have rubber/poly so they may last a while yet, I think I got my $30 worth hehe. Thanks again :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us