Yamaha HTR-6090

Username: Moyo

Post Number: 1
I just received this as a gift from my girlfriend(isnt she great)and now i have to go out and choose the right speakers.I am newbie when it comes to stereo systems and i dont even know where to start looking.

Can i get some advice from some of the pros here.I am looking to spend anywhere from $1000-$2000...

Thanks
Moyo

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 208
Wow thats kool the amp i was looking at:-) Anyways

Could save alot and Get Fluance
www.fluance.com

Or the athenas f1.1 por f2.2
F1's-single 8inch woofer/1 inch tweeter
F2's-Dual 8inch woofer/1 inch tweeter

Good luck with the amp its a nice one :-)

Gold Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 1095
Paradigm would be my first pick with a yamaha receiver. I'd suggest some Monitor 5s for the main speakers, the ADP-370s for surronds, and the CC-370 for the centre channel. This should fit your budget without a sub, maybe a little over with something like the SVS PB10-NSD for $400.

Don't skimp on a sub, if it's not in the budget leave it out for now if you want 5.1, or just get the mains and a sub for now and add the centre and surrounds later.

Username: Moyo

Post Number: 2
Thank you both for your help..I have a dealer a few miles from me that sells the Pardigm speakers and he put together a package for me and i will be returning this afternoon to hear all speakers combined hooked up to my Yamaha HTR 6090.

He put together a package that consist of Monitor 7 floorstanding speakers combined with the CC370 V3 for my center and the ADP 370 V3 for my surrounds.He also threw in the PS 1000 as my sub.

My total combined price he offered was $2250..How am i doing so far?

I want to thank you all again for the help..

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 211
Np

Gold Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 1096
Sounds like a great set-up. I would find out how much he is "thowing the sub" in for. While the PS1000 is good, internet direct HSU and SVS subs tend to be better both for home theatre and music. If it's in the neighbourhood of $100 why not? I wouldn't pay much more.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us