JBL speakers

LP
Unregistered guest
Hi all,

I'm interested in getting jbl s38II speakers. My question is should I get all 6 S38II and a SVS or should I get 4 S38II and 1 S-Center w/ SVS? Another word, is S-center better than S38II for the center speaker? Any inputs will greatly appreciated... Thanks...

LP

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 550
have you listened to any of these??? Your ears will be the best judge. but hands down, good choice on the SVS.

LP
Unregistered guest
Berny,

I've heard of the S38II as the main speakers from a frn's house. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the S-center speaker so I don't know. I really like that S38II. And since that Studio series from JBL r discontinued, I can't find them on local dealers to audition them... Anyone else can chip in on this? Thnx

LP

Silver Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 231
yo LP i have had both the s-center and s-38's.

i personally got rid of the s-center because for
me it was to small.

i felt the center channel was straining to play
movies at higher volumes and not quite right for
multi channel music.

if i was using the s-38 yes i would use them all
the way around.(should sound nice)

also i am pretty sure "but not 100%" that the s-38II's are not
the same as the original s-38 i think they used lesser quality
drivers in them when they made the newer -II line (i know that the
new s-38II is slighty smaller also).

anyways my point, if you can find s-38's instead of the the s-38II's
i would get them.

i have since sold all my s-38's and center but
i thought the s-38's were great.

i still have a modified par of s-312's that sound
and look great "beach color"

LP
Unregistered guest
Kegger,

Thank you for your input. I didn't know that the S38II model is slightly lesser. I always thought the newer model should be better. Anyway, I will check online for those. For $299 I can get a pair for S38II at harmanaudio site, was wondering if anybody know where I can get those for cheaper? Regarding the S312 mains, they are the towers w/ 12" driver since I will get the SVSub I don't think it is neccessary to get the big mains like that, but thank you for the input though... I've already made up my mind of getting these studio speakers, just have to search for better price... If the S312 costs just a little more from the S38, I would probably get that also... Hunting time... Once again, thank you all... will greatly appreciated any kind of inputs here... thnx

LP
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us