No bi amp speakers for a bi amp system

Username: Johnfish

CA United States

Post Number: 1
I got a new micro stereo system that has inputs for bi amp speakers (hi and low). Is there a way to use my older non bi amp speakers with this system?

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9110

Bi-amp on a micro system? Do you possibly mean bi-wire?

Username: Johnfish

CA United States

Post Number: 2
The box says bi amp and bi wire. The speakers have four wires, two for high and two for low.

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9112

Two wires for high and two wires for low can still be only bi-wired. The possibility might exist to bi-amp but the system might only be bi-wired from the factory. It is difficult to imagine a micro system including a second amplifier for true bi-amping. While some digital chip amps are relatively inexpensive, being inexpensive is usually a selling feature of micro systems. So the cost of an aditional amplifier and crossover for bi-amping seems unlikely to have been included. My guess would be you only have a bi-wired system which includes the potential for bi-amping. But that's only a guess since I don't even know the brand or model number of the system. This isn't a section of the forum where micro systems get much mention. You might try under "Mini Systems" or you might call your dealer. More reading of your owner's manual might turn up the answer, but as is, without the owner's manual available there is no answer I can give that isn't just a guess.

Silver Member
Username: Gamerdude

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 173
Hey jan the panasonics mini systems do and the high are terrible High at full volume

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vModelDetail?storeId=15001&c atalogId=13401&itemId=97238&modelNo=SC-AK640S&cacheProgram=11002&cachePartner=70 00000000000005702&surfModel=SC-AK640S&catGroupId=25015&surfCategory=Mini%20Syste ms&displayTab=S

4 wire per speaker and 4 inputs/channle,Now it may not be true Bi-amp but it dos the job

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9113

I'll take your word for it though nothing in those specs indicates anything different that what I suggested above "Bi-amp/Bi-wire ... Yes" doesn't tell me much. Why would you possibly want to deal with either arrangement in a system like this? What possible benefits could there be? I do get the feeling this is just marketing hokum.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 175
Marketing Skeem they put it in so the buyer thinks it is more Professinal

Gold Member

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 9121

Those rats!!!!

Silver Member