Focal Electra 1007be

Username: Cybervision_

Post Number: 4
I'm thinking of upgrading from a lower Focal series floorstanders to a pair of 1007's. Do you think this is a wise choice? Are the 1007 really "that good"?

Will I find the bass output to slim vs. floorstanders do you think?

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1624
The 1007s are brilliant speakers. I do not find that they lack in bass at all, but they don't over-emphasise bass either, whereas Chorus or Profile do have a tendency to emphasise the bass a bit much (as do most other brands). But the 1007s leave the lower end stuff for dead in terms of speed, resolution and timing. And of course their treble response is among the best in the world with that super fine beryllium tweeter. Their treble is unbelievably clean. They really are 'that good', and to top it all, they're easy to drive. No monster amps required here.

Regards,
Frank.

Username: Cybervision_

Post Number: 5
Sound terrific. I currently own Cobalt 816s and I'm finding them a bit harsh in the treble department, but I love the mids and bass. I'm hoping that a pair of 1007's will give me more of what I love including being able to hear Diana Krall singing natural sibilants.

Another speaker I am considering is the new Chorus 826v. How do you think it will compare to the 1007? What would you choose?

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1626
I haven't heard the new Chorus range but something tells me that Focal wouldn't make the mistake of producing something that outperforms its more heavyweight Profile and Elektra series speakers in any respect. The fact is what makes the treble so special on the 1007be is that beryllium tweeter...really special.

Regards,
Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us