Cables

Bronze Member
Username: Chuckoya

Hamilton, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 26
can someone tell me the name of the cord that goes from a cd player to a receiver. not the rca cables but the one that looks like a double ended ear phone jack>?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3917
An earphone jack would be a mini(3.5mm).
A headphone jack would be just that, a large .250" 'phone' jack.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 907
Can't find one and don't know what to ask for, eh? I know what you want, you want to be able to use the 12v trigger in your receiver to turn on your CD player. Well, my friend, I have been there and I looked for a month without success, and even when you get the name right, the salespeople still don't know what it is.

Turns out it is a simple stereo cable with 3.5mm male stereo plugs at either end--I say a stereo cable because the mono is too hard to find, even though that is all you need. Well, to make your life easier, here is a good source for the cable you need:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=240-096

Now, that is the 1 foot. If you need a longer length, try this one:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=240-095

Otherwise, look for this type of cable (in a gussied up, shielded form, at your local Best Buy or Circuit City in the iPod accessories aisle. Will cost you a bit more, though.

Bronze Member

Hamilton, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 27
HAWK you are the man you know the exact thing i am looking for. Thanks alot. :-);)

Bronze Member

Hamilton, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 28
Hawk this is my situation i'm in. i bought a kenwood vr905, my reciever(vr905) does not have a spot for that cord to plug into on the back but it does have an optical hole for a dvd\cd played. can the optical hole be used to turn on the cd player? if so is there an adapter to go from the optical hole to the 12 turn on wire from the cd player?

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3932
Chuck, that is what the switched ac plug on the back of the avr is for.
Plug your player into it.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 910
Nuck covered it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us