Message for FRANK 1203: How does your Paradigm System sound now ?

Bronze Member
Username: Look4sun

Post Number: 87
Hello - Frank 1203,

I remember your posted message at:
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/190180.html

I wonder how does your Paradigm System sound now ?
And what is your current system design ? Still holding the Paradigms or not ?
Please let me know your feedback - really want to know.

Thanks,
sun

Bronze Member
Username: Frank1203

Post Number: 28
Hello Sun,

I just happened to be surfing around the forum and saw your post. I am happy to try and answer your questions and give you an update. yes, I am still holding the Pardigm / Rotel equipment, although the news is not all good...

Since I first made the post back in Jan/Feb. I have taken several steps (one at a time) to try and better my sound. As you know, I have a Rotel Amp and Receiver and Paradigm speakers all the way around.

Rotel tech. support was very helpful and I basically spent the better part of 3-4 months "tweaking" my settings on the A/V receiver. I came to realize that my old settigs had too much subwoofer which was distorting the clarity of the overall sound. I played around with things like changing the speaker settings to "small" and subwoofer to "yes". In all honesty, these tweaks certainly improved my listening, but not to the degree I would have liked. It was also recommended to me to play my music CDs through an analog connection (as opposed to digital)so I wired up my Rotel receiver to acommodate that connection. Once again, I saw a little bit of improvement, but not what I was looking for.

I then tried moving the Paradigm Studio 100's around to get a better separation which only helped a little. I should also point out that the 100's are bi-amped which should have helped with the clarity I was in search of.

So - the last several months were spent tweaking and testing. Sun - I have come to the conclusion, that my system is set to the best it can be and nothing is improperly wired or wrong.

I am now finally at the last step.. I just ordered a 7 channel Surround Sound Equalizer called "the Bijou" which I will install into my equipment within the next week or two. I did alot of research and have realized that the issue might just be my own taste and ear. I really prefer the "highs" in music and like to hear the ping of the ride cymbal or the sizzle of a hi-hat in percussion and the Rotel / Paradigm combination was too flat for me where the "Highs" were kind of behind the music instead of integrated with it. I am truly hoping that the EQ will solve my problems.

I will point out onec again, that the issue I am experiencing are only when I play music Cds. I am pretty happy with the sound while playing DVDs or TV, but I can't seem to get get past how the music Cds sound. I guess maybe I'm used to listening to equalized music for the past 20 years (prior to my new setup) and just prefer that sound. The pursits on this forum might even lsiten to my current setup and think all is fine, but ultimately, I'm the one tat needs to be satisfied and I'm really not at this point.

Why are you so interested? Do you have the same issues. Please feel free to email / message me or respond back on this forum. I hope I answered your questions.

Frank

Silver Member
Username: Eib_nation

Ohio EIBville

Post Number: 110
Frank,
Have you treated your room acoustics? Achieving clean & accurate sound is virtually impossible if the acoustics of your listening room have not been addressed.

Bronze Member
Username: Frank1203

Post Number: 29
The equipment is located in my Family Room which has the typical carpet, furniture, fireplace and window issues, so there is really not alot that can be done. I think I've done about the best I can with what I have.. I certainly welcome your suggestions.

Silver Member
Username: Eib_nation

Ohio EIBville

Post Number: 111
It wouldnt be too difficult to discretely place acoustic treatments in any room.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us