Marantz SR7500 sub problem?

Silver Member
Username: Hannjeff

Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 212
I just bought a marantz sr7500 and am having a little trouble configuring it. I cant seem to get teh sub to work. I have it hooked up to teh pre out sub, however, there is little to no volume coming out of it. Is there a setting im missing?

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1207
how does the audio test sound?

Bronze Member
Username: Eib_nation

Ohio EIBville

Post Number: 89
Running through the receiver setup procedures probably wouldnt hurt.

Silver Member

Post Number: 213
It sounds ok in the speakers test. The sub isnt near as loud as the speakers, however, it is there. Ive tried this with a opticle input and a analog inpyt from my drv, and a coax and a rca. They all have the same problem.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1210
The sub would not be as loud as loud, it should be almost felt more than heard. So that rules out the receiver. What kind of sub is it? what is your crossover setting in the receiver? on the sub?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1211
"The sub would not be as loud as loud, "

I meant the sub would not test as loud as the speakers.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3823
Actually Stof, the first one made perfect sense.

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 9614
More info please...
what sub is it?

Does it have low level input...LFE/Sub/in, passive, active...etc.? Can you adjust the gain of the sub itself?

Silver Member

Post Number: 214
Well, it didnt rule out the reciever at all. When I play a song on my sony reciever with my sub (paradigm pw-2100) it is very nice, when I play it on the marantz, the sub is very quite. Yes, I am using the lfe, in, I can turn up the gain on the sub. But, why the hell wouuld I crank my sub when I didnt half to befor! Now, I did discover something, when I put the music on in stereo mode (analog or digital) the sub is perfect. When I use anything else, like a dolby setting, or a dts setting, the sub is almost completly off.

Silver Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 750
Have you set the sub to "on" in the Marantz speaker set-up menu. Be sure the sub and "LFE" is set to "on" for DD and DTS and Auto in the set-up menu.

Silver Member

Post Number: 215
I have set the sub to on in the speaker setup, however, in dd and dts menu, the area where I can adjust the lfe level is replaced with ***.

Bronze Member
Username: Eib_nation

Ohio EIBville

Post Number: 92
1. Read your manual. 99% odds say you've missed something basic, and your manual will tell you how to fix it.

2. Take your receiver to the dealer, and ask them to hook the darn thing up. They'll go through the necessary setup procedures and you'll see what you've missed. If the receiver is at fault, at least then you'll know. If not, at least they'll show you how to hook it up correctly.

Bronze Member
Username: Jedi1

Post Number: 21
basically i played CD using auto mode on my SR7500 the sub woofer is no problem. yes indeed when switch to dts or prologic II. the sub not push very hard compare with auto mode. i also don't know about this. but i not really care about this cos my CD is encode with stereo. so play 2.1 sound system is damn good already. but when i played DVD with dts or dobly digital plus the THX the sub is running hard. not bad the punch is good....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us