What amp should I buy?

Anonymous
Can anyone please, please help me?

I have 2x D.AS. Factor - 8 100watt, 8ohm speakers and 4x Seco SP-80watt 6ohm speakers.
I need to purchase an amp for these speakers in my home-recording setup.
I am on a budget of $500-$800 Aust.
I do not want to spend money on other speakers.
I need an amp that will run all speakers simultaneously if need being. Cahnnel A, Channel B or Cannel AB together. I guess I am looking for 2 channel stereo amp but I need a good quality sound.
Thank you

Good Afternoon!
Could someone giving your advice to my question :
I have 2 CD players, each has its own superior to playback music or vocal sound. But I have only one favourite Amplifier -- Marantz PM14-MKII K.I. which only avail 1 set CD input jack to connect. So I should connect the 2nd CD to the "line" input jack.

Is it correct to used the "line" input for CD ?
Sounds quality would be different ? Which is better ?

Derek
That's correct. You could get even better sound if the Marantz has digital inputs.

Dear Anonymous,

Have you heard NAD amps? They have nice sound for the money - a cut above the mass market Japanese stuff. NAD c320bee is $330 US.
Also consider adcoms.

With a good Cd player like Denon 370 (burr-brouwns I love you), you might be happy with just running two speakers at a time. This way, you are not stressing the amp. I am not sure if the NAD can drive AB together the speakers you mentioned though. I think two is plenty with good gears.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us