Divinci DV-1450?

Username: Gonzaga

Post Number: 1
These seem to be good speakers for the price, as cosmetics will be a big factor in purchase.( I currently have ugly speakers)

These are the manufacturer specs:

Specifications:

1500 W Power Capacity
700 Watts Program Each
10" High-Current Low-Mass Sub
2 x 6.5" Diamond Cut Platinum Cones
2 x 1" Precision Tech Silk Tweeter
Lynxis Digital Preision Crossover
24K Gold High Temp. Internal Wiring
High-Gloss Piano Lacquer Finish
Solid Oak Cabinet Design
Compatible W/Any A/V Equipment

They say solid oak...but they are $285 cdn, and 700w? It just doesnt really add up, but if its true then I will buy them, I just wanted to see if anyone had used these speakers before, and could add some input before I purchase them. I have heard of scam speakers before(Theater Research) and wanted to know if this is a division(dogg digital, elite audio, digital research etc.)

Thanks all.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3565
Which van sold them?

Post Number: 2
?? they are on ebay

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 8886
And does ebay make them better?

Solid oak??? Gold wiring??

No wonder you don't want to enter your name!

Gold Member
Username: Petergalbraith

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1704
They are most certainly white-van speakers. Stay away.

Gold Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1705
http://www.scamshield.com/Sighting.asp?country=none&state=Florida&article=1

Bronze Member
Username: Stefanom

Silver Spring, MD United States

Post Number: 98
I'm kind of amused by the diamond cut platinum cone mid/woofs. Platinum isn't exactly known for its low mass, which tends to be a bonus for speaker cone material. Not to mention its fairly expensive material...Check the price of a platinum ring sometime.

Post Number: 3
Anyone heard of Pure acoustics? They are sold at circuit city(the source in canada), so should not be a scam, fairly inexpensive attractive speakers, I have read pretty good reviews on the QX900($260 in Canada)and I might by them and try them.

I need to spend a maximum of 400cdn(including shipping if I must) and I need the best sounding/apearing towers I can find.

Ill keep looking, glad I didnt buy those Divinci's as much as I wanted too, I was skeptical becuase there was no return(only DOA) or I would have purchased.

http://www.pureacoustics.com/

Gold Member

Post Number: 3586
No-Name, stick around, lemme look in .ca
Which receiver do you have?

Gold Member
Username: Dakulis

Spokane, Washington United States

Post Number: 1027
No Name,

Anyone claiming Gonzaga can't be all bad. BUT, what are you doing on the wronge side of the border. I know Spokane is the audio desert but can BC be much better, excluding Vancouver maybe? LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 3596
Dave, y'err killing me man.

Post Number: 4
Wrong side of the border?

Man have u got it wrong. How did u know Im in BC?

Anyways, my receiver is a THX Kenwood VR-6070, but the speakers will be running off of a Kenwood M2A 2ch stereo amplifier.(an amazing amp)

The speakers I would like to be atleast 250w, and the pure acoustics claim 300w RMS(my amp is 220w RMS B.C.D, 8 ohms up to around 400w RMS) , reviews for speakers seem good, I have read a few on the QX900F's and I think i will buy those, but im still open to options.

Thanks all

Gold Member

Post Number: 8946
It's a common saying around here, "speakers don't have watts".

What is your budget for speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Praetorian

Canada

Post Number: 320
Ha ha Dak!

Gonzaga University: Catholic, four-year college in Spokane, founded in 1887 and named for the Jesuit Saint Aloysius Gonzaga.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3639
Aloysius was a point guard, right?

Post Number: 5
guys guys, were off point here...

What Id like is for someone who has heard the speakers I meantioned above to comment.

Unfortunately, The Source is stupid company who doesnt want business and I cannot test the speakers there before I buy. Dumb huh?

Gonzaga is my gamertag online(haloPC,xbox live)
but thats off point.

My budget is $350 incl. shipping if I must, I am only looking for towers, and they will be for music 80%, games and movies 20%,

I WILL NOT EVER replace any of my amplification devices so do not tell me to, that said thanks all.

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Silver Spring, MD United States

Post Number: 105
Check out Fluance.com ; they are typically reviewed well for their price bracket, although I can't claim to have heard them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8958
Nobody has even broached the replacement of amplification. Your choice of budget speakers are in question, you seem to lean towards fluffed and questionable speaker dealers.

Stephen has a great suggestion, Fluance is quite nice for those on a budget. I have purchased some of their speakers and given them away as gifts to a few nephews of mine who are off to college. They love them.

Post Number: 6
ok, I have bought 4 QX900F's, and I am going to run 2 off my m2a, and 2 off my Kenwood vr-6070. The speakers however say 4-8 ohms and my receiver says not to connect speakers less than 8 ohms, but the receiver is stable down to 3 ohms! Will this create problems over time?

I have connected 2, and 2 have not been opened. My M2A is ok with 4 ohmers but I dont want to put stress on my baby(VR6070) I am happy with the sound I have gotten so far(not broken in yet)
Thanks all.

Post Number: 7
oh ya, i forgot. I am going to go down to Canadian Tire today and get an ohm meter. Are these accurate for speakers? I will measure the nominal impedance of the 900F's and report back soon.

Gold Member

Rimouski, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 1765
That will only measure the electrical resistance of the voice coil. Some say to multiply that figure by 1.3 to get a ballpark estimate of the nominal impedance (which varies with frequency), but I have never worked out why that would be.

Post Number: 8
They came out to 5 ohms with an ohm meter, so I calculated nominal imedance is 6.5 ohms.

I want to buy another m2a, but I cannot find one on ebay, where is the best place for vintage Kenwood? I know about Audiogon, but there is none there either.

Post Number: 9
oh yes, I forgot to say that im just running the extra set of 900F's off the B's on the M2A for now just to break them in, I eventually will run them as rears off another m2a through my 6070. Its a very loud sytem as you would imagine.

Post Number: 10
Another thing, I read a review on the internet that said the speaker hook-ups were above the port, these must be a newer version as the speaker hook-ups are near the floor.

But what I really came back here for was...

I removed the port and removed the plastic inside the port to help reduce port noise.(my guess is they are there to keep stuff out of the ports)
This wont void my warranty will it?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us