NAD C162/C272 vs C372

Username: Cyberwraith

Post Number: 1
Hi guys,

Ive read a few related posts about the C162/C272 and the C372 but as yet im unable to choose between the setups. On the spec sheets they look pretty much the same. Besides the fact that I can upgrade one part of a C162/C272 system unlike the integrated amp, is there anything else to suggest I should go for one over the other? Price and upgradability aside that is. One aspect I guess is the ability to choose the interconnect in the pre/power as opposed to the integrated - but would the internal circuitry really be poorer than an interconnect I could buy? I just want to ignore the upgradeability option here as in the future if I felt the need to move on I would replace the whole lot anyway - amps/speakers/CD - the lot. No point messing around I figure. But for now I think the NAD will fit in fine with what I want from a system at this level. Im probably leaning towards the pre/power over the integrated just cause I like the idea of two seperate modules. Anyones thoughts on this would be much appreciated.

Bronze Member
Username: Music4life

KowloonHong Kong

Post Number: 14
Somebody in this community said that the difference between the two is not noticeable. If you get the combo, you will be buying an expensive interconnect to harness the cleanest sound (added expense). In the future, if you want to upgrade to a higher end preamp, you can still connect it to the C372 by removing the jumper that connects the preout to main in.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us