Martin Logan Passage/Ticket in-wall speakers

Username: Steveka

Post Number: 1
Anyone out there have either the Passage or Ticket inwalls from Martin Logan...I am considering a setup of the Passage for L/R and Tickets for center and rear surrounds. They would be running off Yamaha RXV2600 receiver and paired with Martin Logan Dynamo sub.

I have listed to Tickets at local shop, but not Passages...looking for thoughts from anyone that has these.

Bronze Member
Username: Plato

Woodbury, NJ

Post Number: 41
Hi Steve. Try asking the same question on:
www.martinloganowners.com

You'll have much better luck. Here many people are interested mainly in saving money.

Gold Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 1157
I myself am a former ML owner, and I can tell you that mating the ticket with the passage will probably not give satisfactory results if you are an astute listener. This is not to say that the ticket is a bad speaker, far from it. It just lacks the planar tweeter of the passage. Going from planar-dome-planar across the front state is not something I would reccomend.

You can argue this fact by saying that the Cinema center uses dome tweeters, but there are many who believe that doing away with the tweeter in the cinema would leave a more cohesive sound field.

The passages are, IMHO, a much better speaker than the ticket. It isn't just for the planar tweeter, but the bigger woofers as well. They can handle more power, and produce a bigger sound. Not to mention that the bass response goes lower, making them better if you like listening to music on your system, as a subwoofer could become optional in 2 chanel playback.

Gold Member

New York USA

Post Number: 1159
Max

That isn't always the case. Right now I am looking at possibly purchasing a second hand pair of Wilson Audio Cubs. I am debating on if I want to take the plunge, being a college student. My maggies serve me well enough right now.

Post Number: 2
Thanks Gavin..I actually talked to someone at Martin Logan and they recommended going with 3 Passages and 2 Tickets instead of other way around.

Gold Member

New York USA

Post Number: 1161
yes. That will be a good setup. ML makes some of the best in-walls that I have heard as of late.

Can you put speakers ON the wall as opposed to in the wall?

Post Number: 3
Already pulled the trigger on the walls...I could have done on-wall, but that would have been pushing it with the wife...she gave me clearance to spend a boatload on the whole set-up, so I didn't push the speaker issue

Gold Member

New York USA

Post Number: 1166
Steve, the reason why I am asking is because you can get an electrostatic speaker from ML that mounts on the wall, called the script i, which IMHO will gvie a more cohesive and smooth sound than the ATFs in the in walls.

This may be a moot point for you though, because some prefer the sound of the ATF drivers.

Post Number: 4
Thanks Gavin...Scrip are out of my price range and given the size of the room (12x15) and the layout of the furniture we have, in-wall was the way to go.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us